External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#31) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to GerallK
Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 11-12-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needcaffeine
I bought a Rocketfish Bluetooth mouse, which uses the internal Bluetooth adapter(no dongle); and it's much larger then a mini mouse (I bought it from BestBuy[in the Mac section]) I've been very happy with it; it uses 2 AAA batteries; which last a long time.
I've got one of these as well, and one of the prime features that needcaffeine didn't mention is that this little bugger's got a power switch on the bottom! You can just turn it off without plugging it in or needing to carry about a USB dongle.

There's also a nice, large "Connect" button underneath for beginning the pairing process. Quite a nice buy, all told.

-pax-

Obsidian Mini 9 > 2gb ram, 16gb ssd, bluetooth, 1.3mp webcam, us-intl kbd
Internal Mods > usb hub, 16gb flash drive, 8gb flash drive, added webcam, changed kbd
Software Mods > Dellbuntu 8.04.1 | Gentoo 2008.0
  (#32) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 11-13-2008, 01:08 AM

Another vote for the Logitech VX Nano here. I've been using this mouse for a year with my old laptop and it really is an excellent mouse.

It's extremely well made, battery life is great at just over 6 months with daily use, tracks on just about any surface (handy when you are surfing in bed ). Although it isn't Bluetooth, the receiver is tiny and can be left in the Mini 9 and forgotten!

I think I might even buy another for my desktop pc
  (#33) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 11-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana
I'm using this Dell Bluetooth mouse. I actually got it with my 1720 but now they're advertising it as a Mini accessory.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=330-1823

Is a nice bit of gear and works well.

I am thinking about getting this one, out of curiosity what size batteries does it take?

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
  (#34) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 11-13-2008, 06:43 PM

I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 in Aloe (green). I've been using an older version with my other laptop, and have had no problems with it, so figured I would stay with the brand. It probably wouldn't work too well for someone with large hands.
  (#35) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 11-14-2008, 08:07 AM

I have a newly hacked USB logitech mouse. Bluetooth is great, but I always seem to be the guy with flat batteries, so for now its USB cable for me all the way.
One thing that has impressed me since I became a Mac user was Apple manage to get thier male USB "A" plugs much smaller than every one else. They look tidy, and arent so cumbersome.
With that in mid I set about to hack my Logitech USB mouse to fit an Apple USB cable. Why ? I hear you ask, well I could have used the Apple (un)mighty mouse, but it is rubbish. The scroll ball is 20 year old analogue mouse technology fitted upside down to the top of an optical mouse. It traps all the grime from your hand, and you cant easily clean it. I have had about 5 replacements under my Apple Care 3 year warranty extension.
You take your worthless Mighty mouse, dismantle it and remove the cable that has a nice 5 pin plug at the PCB. Dismantle your logitech mouse and remove the cable which also has a nice 5 pin plug at the PCB. Compare the two plugs, and on the Apple cable swap the position of the red and green traced wires to match the Logitec mouse plug pinout. Plug in the Apple cable to the Logitech mouse and re assemble.
The other thing about the Apple mouse cable is they are about 1/3 the length of other Manufacturers cables since they are designed to plug into the USB port on the Mac keyboard. This makes them the perfect length for Laptop / netbook use, and you dont have this mess of tangled cable.
Now I know it all works, I just need a nice Logitech mouse in black to swap the cable to.

Wayne.
  (#36) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 11-14-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana
I'm using this Dell Bluetooth mouse. I actually got it with my 1720 but now they're advertising it as a Mini accessory.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=330-1823

Is a nice bit of gear and works well.
I just ordered one to try with my Inspiron B130.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#37) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 11-15-2008, 08:22 PM

I've got to add my vote for the Rocketfish bluetooth mouse. It works great with the mini and my 1525. Just turn on the power switch and it's recognized right away. It's not small but it is comfortable.

Too bad it doesn't seem to come in black!

I got mine for $25 cdn at Futureshop.
  (#38) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 11-20-2008, 06:26 PM

I just received my Dell BT Travel mouse.
So far it's easy as pie. Paired with no problems. (I'm using the hacked BT driver.)
It does indeed show up and is configurable in the Logitech Setpoint program.
Heck, it's even living right alongside my VX Nano simultaneously with no problems! Neat! :ugeek:
It's even pretty good looking with the Mini 9!

It's about the same size as my VX Nano too, maybe a tiny bit more comfortable (no "claw").
-it would also free up my internal USB port for an internal flash drive. :ugeek: :ugeek:
THAT would save me the trouble of installing an internal hub too... HMMMM

Looks like it's long term evaluatin' time! :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#39) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 11-20-2008, 10:17 PM

The Energizer Duo Charger is awsome for those that seem to go through batteries, plus it charges 2 AAA or AA at a time. I use it with my MS 8000 notebook presenter mouse. It has some software (countdown timer to full charge) that goes with it although I do not use it. It is small fitting in my bag. It has a usb end to plug into your cpu and a wall charger the usb can plug into. Great mobile companion for the price and weight. I think I paid about 15 dollars for it.

http://www.energizer.com/products/hi...-products.aspx
  (#40) Old

Default Re: Lets Talk Mice - 12-05-2008, 01:45 AM

Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 vs. Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse

I ordered both and will keep the Microsoft and give the Dell to my son. I prefer the Microsoft mouse because it's more solidly built and has easier to reach side buttons. In addition, the Microsoft comes with a neoprene pouch. They're about the same size, the Dell is slightly longer and the Microsoft mouse has a touch more depth. Dell uses two AA batteries, while the Microsoft uses the lighter AAA. Both are easily transportable, and are good choices, but I think the Microsoft is more comfortable to use. Has anyone else tried both?

« Is sgpstore.com alive? | Smaller SD Card? »