External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#71) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-17-2009, 07:26 PM

The only reason I knew to look for that cut out was because it was in the pictures on their website, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have ever noticed that the dell logo was cut out in the center, because it blends in so well. :mrgreen:

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
  (#72) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-17-2009, 11:14 PM

got this from uniqueskins.com. $15 or so.

(#73) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-18-2009, 02:19 AM

I sent a request to SGP about getting the skins without the logo cutout. No offense to Dell, but I'd like the clean expanse of the carbon fiber look.

Their reply:
Quote:
Our template of laptop skins are locked and can not be edited without our designers who creates templates.
We can send the request to our designers for this edit of template, and what you need to do is just make an order of skin that you want leave a comment while checking out so let us know that you want the version of without logo.
So I placed the order tonight for two carbon skins and included my request and our email thread in the comments on the order. Will follow up here once the order arrives.
  (#74) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-20-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InStim
I sent a request to SGP about getting the skins without the logo cutout. No offense to Dell, but I'd like the clean expanse of the carbon fiber look.

Their reply:
Quote:
Our template of laptop skins are locked and can not be edited without our designers who creates templates.
We can send the request to our designers for this edit of template, and what you need to do is just make an order of skin that you want leave a comment while checking out so let us know that you want the version of without logo.
So I placed the order tonight for two carbon skins and included my request and our email thread in the comments on the order. Will follow up here once the order arrives.
I'm interested in covering up the Dell logo too and looking forward to your review of this product.

Mini9 - A04 - Dell Ubuntu 8.04 - 512 mb ram - 8 gb SSD - 16 gb SDHC
  (#75) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-21-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc
I'm interested in covering up the Dell logo too and looking forward to your review of this product.
The skins and the Minis both arrived today! I was a bit worried about the skin before they arrived. I ordered Tuesday night and SGP sent a shipping notice just 14 hours later. With it being completed so quickly I figured they missed my comment and I was getting skins their regular skin. I was quite wrong, the skins arrived without a logo cutout just like I wanted!

I am very pleased with the skin. As others have mentioned, it is a heavier material compared to the printed vinyl skins and quite forgiving to getting removed and repositioned as you play around lining things up. I like the little bit of extra grip it gives when you're holding on to the mini and carrying it around.

With the quality of the skins themselves and the speedy turn around to a custom request, I would heartily recommend the SGP skins.
  (#76) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-22-2009, 06:39 PM

Instim, glad to know things work fine for you!

Could you please post photos of your "no-dell-cut" version? Thanks!

2 GB corsair, 32 GB Runcore, OSX 10.5.7, DellEFI 1.2a5.
  (#77) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-22-2009, 11:48 PM

I would recommend uniqueskins.com. You can upload your own image for a custom skin and its only 15 bucks for the Dell Mini 9. I just got it in the mail; exactly what I was looking for. Also, if you want to save a little more, you can always search for coupon codes on google.
  (#78) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-24-2009, 11:04 PM

We actually sell the 3M material used to make the skins, and we have the printers, but I haven't decided on what to print yet :P Ill probably draw something up from the characters of my comic and print that.

Ill post some photos when im done

(#79) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-25-2009, 01:01 PM

I just wonder if it would be better to ask to go without the logo, or have it cut, but don't remove the cut out part.

I don't mind having the logo, but I don't want the pain of possible not having it line up. So if I leave the cut pieces, I still have subtle identity. Unless it would look too weird, hen it may be better to ask and try to get a solid piece.
  (#80) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 03-25-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbbl
I just wonder if it would be better to ask to go without the logo, or have it cut, but don't remove the cut out part.

I don't mind having the logo, but I don't want the pain of possible not having it line up. So if I leave the cut pieces, I still have subtle identity. Unless it would look too weird, hen it may be better to ask and try to get a solid piece.
It's not to hard to line up on the black mini if you use the carbon skin. Even if you don't get it perfect, it's not noticeable. But if you know you want the solid look, I'd ask for no cut (w/o logo) because if you accidentally displace the cut part (while trying to apply it as one single piece), it will be hard to line up the carbon fiber thread. And at certain angles, you may still see the break in your surface.

Tags
dell, laptop, skins

« Nice Sleeves for Mini 9/a90's on Sale for $1.00 | Solar Powered Mini 9? »