External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#41) Old
Super Moderator

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 01-19-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyQH
i wonder if those stores at the mall where they can put on a clear protective plastic also has it for the mini. Its the clear stuff that's totally scratch proof.
http://mydellmini.com/forum/invisiblesh ... &sk=t&sd=a

Thats probably Invisibleshield they are using. After I installed the one I ordered, found a place down at the outdoor mall that will put it on for you but not sure if they have the one that fits the Mini...

(#42) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 01-20-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyQH
i wonder if those stores at the mall where they can put on a clear protective plastic also has it for the mini. Its the clear stuff that's totally scratch proof.
Does anyone know the name of the store? I'd pay a bit extra to have someone else do the install - so long as they do it the same day (I like having my mini handy!)

Obsidian Mini9 - Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 (Full version) with Cairo Dock, 16GB Runcore SSD, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDHC Class 6, Bluetooth (dongle), Burl Walnut skin
  (#43) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 01-21-2009, 08:49 PM

(#44) Old

Send a message via AIM to iggygdi Send a message via Yahoo to iggygdi
Default Re: Mini Skins? - 01-22-2009, 01:54 AM

i have a dahrma sticker from decal girl for my xbox360... id love to get one for my mini..... cmon decal girl

Mini 10v|Ice Blue|2GB RAM|320 GB HD|Mini 10 Multi-Touch|6 cell battery|Win 7 Ultimate Retail
  (#45) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 01-29-2009, 07:40 PM

Decalgirl has some cool skins but I had to go to 3acp. They had Scarface.
  (#46) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? Carbon Skin? - 02-13-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz1
http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/23_60/products_id/354

Has anyone seen this one? I assume it is a photograph of Carbon and metal on vinyl skin right? For that price it would have to be. Looks kind of neat, but it is hard to tell how it looks in person.
okay so my carbon fiber skin from sgpstore.com came in and all I can say is WOW! This is the absolute best quality skin I have ever seen. I have had skins from decal girl and 3acp and this is in a whole different league. So you are probably wondering what makes it so great?
-First off I have to be honest and say that I want to lie and tell you that it's terrible quality and to stay away from it, just so not everyone has it, 8-) but after purchasing from this company for the first time and receiving the product, I feel they deserve all of the praise I can give them.
- This is NOT just a photograph of carbon fiber on a sticker, this is actually some type of fabric type stuff. I am sure it's not real carbon fiber (no way they could do it for the price.) but it certainly looks and feel just like carbon fiber in it's raw state. It has the actual texture of carbon fiber as well.
- It is not glossy, so that means no finger prints! It has a sheen to it, but due to it being a fabric then you are left fingerprint free.
-The quality of the cloth (or whatever it is), is superb and feels amazing. I am telling you, this is top notch quality.
-I thought application might take some work, but installation was easy as could be. The cool thing about it is it has a reusable adhesive on it, so it's extremely easy to pull off and reapply. It's 100% reusable. I could pull this thing off right now and give it to someone else to use. It will not stretch like others, because it is a thicker type material, but at the same time holds strong to my computer and shouldn't start peeling off either.
-I thought having the center emblem cut out would make it tougher, but it actually helped in getting everything lined up.
-I have only had it on for a day, but I don't see it getting scratched very easily, due to the fact it's not just a printed sticker.
-Total cost only $22.62 with priority shipping. Ordered late Monday night and received on Thursday.

Anyway, all I can say is this is the first time ever I have purchased a skin and then when I got it was just like "wow, now that's what I have been looking for". The feel, quality, and look is nothing short of amazing! I have nothing negative whatsoever to say. I took off my $38 zagg shield (just the part where this goes), in order to put this on, because it looked so incredible.

Here is a link for the page that has all of their Dell products including the mini 9 skins:
http://www.sgpstore.com/index.php/cPath/23_60
The only thing I will mention is it didn't come with the pieces shown in the pics that cover the palm rest. I contacted them about it, just wondering if some pieces were missing, and they quickly and nicely I might add responded and apologized, letting me know that those pics are the same ones used on their japan website and that at the moment they do not have those pieces over here in the US yet, but will very shortly and informed me that I will be able to get them when they are available. So I will just leave my invisible shield pieces on until then.

So here are some pics I tried to take, but they just absolutely don't do any justice to this skin. You must see it in person. If anyone wants to fly to Milford, OH to see it let me know, but it's probably just cheaper to buy one yourself! :mrgreen:
And sorry for the blurry ones, It seemed without flash it helped show how the item actually looks a little better.

[attachment=2:w2upbpmr]IMG_5677.JPG[/attachment:w2upbpmr]
[attachment=1:w2upbpmr]IMG_5680.JPG[/attachment:w2upbpmr]
[attachment=0:w2upbpmr]IMG_5682.JPG[/attachment:w2upbpmr]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5677.JPG (195.8 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5680.JPG (218.4 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5682.JPG (131.8 KB, 143 views)

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
  (#47) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 02-13-2009, 03:47 PM

Some more....

[attachment=2:q2nmlkhr]IMG_5686.JPG[/attachment:q2nmlkhr]
[attachment=1:q2nmlkhr]IMG_5688.JPG[/attachment:q2nmlkhr]
[attachment=0:q2nmlkhr]IMG_5695.JPG[/attachment:q2nmlkhr]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5686.JPG (262.2 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5688.JPG (231.3 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5695.JPG (298.9 KB, 156 views)

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
  (#48) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 02-13-2009, 03:52 PM

and just a few more..... Once again pictures just don't do it justice.
[attachment=1:1h5w0p8f]IMG_5700.JPG[/attachment:1h5w0p8f]
[attachment=0:1h5w0p8f]IMG_5692.JPG[/attachment:1h5w0p8f]

Let me know what you think and if anyone else orders one of the other skins, please post pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5700.JPG (169.0 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5692.JPG (267.9 KB, 146 views)

(#49) Old
Administrator

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 02-13-2009, 04:15 PM

Looks very nice. I ordered one also.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#50) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 02-13-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4
Looks very nice. I ordered one also.
+1 :mrgreen: I ordered the dark gray leather skin.

Tags
dell, laptop, skins

« Nice Sleeves for Mini 9/a90's on Sale for $1.00 | Solar Powered Mini 9? »