External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#151) Old

Default 10-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Stephen,

That looks freakin great man! I'm doing this mod. Hey was the apple centered on the skin before you cut it, or did you need to adjust your template to center it? I wouldn't worry about being able to see the circle under the skin. You would only know it's there if your looking for it.

Dell Mini 10v Mac OSX 10.6.2 1 GB RAM 160GB HDD BIOS A05 Blue Tooth 1510 WLAN 802.11g /n

NBI 8.2 -> NBI 8.3RC2 -> NBI 8.3RC3 -> NBI 8.3RC5 -> NBI 8.3 alpha

USB Legacy Disabled | USB Wake Enabled | BT Enabled |

www.suckerpunchent.com
  (#152) Old

Default 10-20-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonatacreative View Post

how did you figure out how to make a template via Photoshop??
  (#153) Old

Default 10-21-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Hunter View Post
Stephen,

That looks freakin great man! I'm doing this mod. Hey was the apple centered on the skin before you cut it, or did you need to adjust your template to center it? I wouldn't worry about being able to see the circle under the skin. You would only know it's there if your looking for it.
Thanks man, appreciate it! What I did to get this centered correctly was this:

First I removed the apple logo portion on the skin, so that you can see the yellow backing paper through the logo portion. I did this so that when I put the paper template I created in photoshop over the top of it, I could see where the logo apple would register on the skin. By doing this you can situate the paper template over the top of the skin until the apple logo is centered perfectly in the template. Once you've got the apple logo centered in the template, you can tape the template down to the skin and cut right through the template and skin. This should ensure that you have the logo properly centered. The nice thing about using a MacBook skin from SGP is that you've got some room to play with to get this just right. Just be sure to measure up your skin correctly first so that the logo registers correctly and isn't off center.

This process worked great for me and the logo is perfectly centered vertically and horizontally. You'll have a little bit of a choice to make when centering since the apple logo is a perfectly symmetrical mark with the leaf and bite areas. Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattbam View Post
how did you figure out how to make a template via Photoshop??
I grabbed the small image from SGP's website of the mini 9 template, scaled it up to full-size (the dimensions of the mini 9), and then redrew it from scratch. I printed out my first version, cut it out to make sure it would fit my mini 9 before cutting the actual sticker itself, made a few small tweaks and then went from there. My template isn't laser accurate, but it will get you extremely close to the default template SGP uses- I can post it here if you'd like.

Cheers,
Stephen
  (#154) Old

Default 10-21-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonatacreative View Post
I grabbed the small image from SGP's website of the mini 9 template, scaled it up to full-size (the dimensions of the mini 9), and then redrew it from scratch. I printed out my first version, cut it out to make sure it would fit my mini 9 before cutting the actual sticker itself, made a few small tweaks and then went from there. My template isn't laser accurate, but it will get you extremely close to the default template SGP uses- I can post it here if you'd like.
I'm looking at getting a mini 10v and hackintoshing with a silver 3M Apple logo with white leather.
  (#155) Old
Administrator

Default 12-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#156) Old

Default 12-17-2009, 07:34 PM

Decalgirl.com = no user image uploads allowed

Skinit.com = skin has hole for logo, no option to NOT have hole, $24.95

Gelaskin.com = $28 incl. shipping

MyTego.com = $33 incl. shipping

Uniqueskins.com = $19.50 incl shipping but max 1.5MB user image upload

Bob

Mini 1010 | Windows 7 Home Premium clean install over factory installed XP | 1GB RAM | 160GB drive | 1024x600 screen | Bluetooth | 1.3MP webcam | 6-cell battery | TV tuner
  (#157) Old

Default 12-27-2009, 05:21 PM

Here's an easier method of covering the stock logo if you're running Mac OS:

(#158) Old

Default 12-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev24sev View Post
Here's an easier method of covering the stock logo if you're running Mac OS:

that's a good one
  (#159) Old

Default 01-21-2010, 05:53 AM

Hi everyone.
I am buying a new notebook soon having elegant skin so while searching on internet i found a website DecalSkin.com:Laptop Skins, LG Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPhone Skins, PS3 Skins , Is this website is really good in providing notebooks with nice skins?

Tags
dell, laptop, skins

« Nice Sleeves for Mini 9/a90's on Sale for $1.00 | Solar Powered Mini 9? »