External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#131) Old
Expert Member

Default 09-15-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
nop, I was looking for that :-( My circle was solid.
Interesting...

Can anyone else who has a 10 or 10v chime in and report if the center circle came with The extra ring and logo cutout or was it just a plain circle like you got?

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#132) Old

Default 09-16-2009, 06:00 PM

Thank you big daddy for that. I have been waiting a while to see what the answer was. The only issue I am having is that I dont really like the gaps... I didnt see the mini 9 withe the leather texture having that issue. I may just suck it up and grab it anyway... in fact... I am ordering it now. Thanks again. I will post pictures of mine as wel when it comes in.

JavMan
  (#133) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to BigDaddy
Default 09-16-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavMan View Post
Thank you big daddy for that. I have been waiting a while to see what the answer was. The only issue I am having is that I dont really like the gaps... I didnt see the mini 9 withe the leather texture having that issue. I may just suck it up and grab it anyway... in fact... I am ordering it now. Thanks again. I will post pictures of mine as wel when it comes in.

JavMan
Hi JavMan,

I think you will see the gaps even in the Mini 9. It will be hard for the material to curve in one piece. I personally will have to say that I'm happy with it.

BigDaddy - Ernesto
My anger management Class, Piss me off!

Dell Mini 10V | Product Red | Carbon Skin | Mac OS X 10.6.6 | 1gb RAM | 160 GB HD | 1.3MP camera | Bluetooth module
Future Upgrade/Mods: Dual Boot (Win 7 & Mac OS X) | Memory Upgrade 2gb RAM
  (#134) Old

Default 09-17-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Hi JavMan,

I think you will see the gaps even in the Mini 9. It will be hard for the material to curve in one piece. I personally will have to say that I'm happy with it.
I wasnt saying one piece but more like gigabit's

See how he has no gaps (or very small ones)? I know his is a mini 9 but that was more what I was looking for. Regardless, I will just be happy to not have the fingerprint magnet anymore...

I know I am a copycat but I actually ordered the Black leather and requested no cutout as well. I need my netbook to look less shiny when I take it out on site with me.

Now to find one for my Studio XPS 1340. I may actually offer mine up to sgpstore depending on how long they will REALLY need it for or if it can be done say on Friday and I can pick it up on Saturday or something like that. I also have a dell 700m I can loan to them.
  (#135) Old

Default 09-17-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
nop, I was looking for that :-( My circle was solid.
might be the same case?
http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/exte...ends#post42116
  (#136) Old

Default 09-18-2009, 06:52 PM

Alright, I got my skin fro SGPstore.com in today.
I got the Deep Black Leather Without the cut out for the dell mini 10 (I have 10v). When I ordered I just requested it be left solid and they did. You can still see the Dell logo through the decale but I dont mind it as I just wanted something to protect the outside.

I live in California so it took like a day to ship.

I am very pleased. Although I wanted no gaps, I decided that I like the gaps better (you determin how big or small they are). Very high quality and they re semi-removable. I had to reposition mine a couple times till I got it right. Anyway, here are a couple pics. Before After and on sitting in my 13" dell Studio XPS 1340
Attached Thumbnails
P1010003-small.jpg   P1010006-small.jpg   P1010007-small.jpg  
  (#137) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to BigDaddy
Default 09-20-2009, 05:49 AM

Very nice.... i like it!

BigDaddy - Ernesto
My anger management Class, Piss me off!

Dell Mini 10V | Product Red | Carbon Skin | Mac OS X 10.6.6 | 1gb RAM | 160 GB HD | 1.3MP camera | Bluetooth module
Future Upgrade/Mods: Dual Boot (Win 7 & Mac OS X) | Memory Upgrade 2gb RAM
  (#138) Old

Default 10-03-2009, 02:23 PM

(#139) Old

Default 10-14-2009, 04:45 PM

I'm going to be trying something a bit different. Ordered a skin from the SGP store for an Apple Macbook. I did this because they have the precut apple already in them. I also ordered some scrap 3m reflective material (orange and white) off of ebay. My plan is to put the reflective material down first (haven't decided if I want to go with orange or white yet) to cover the dell logo and then to cut the Macbook SGP skin to fit the Mini 9 and overlay that. Hopefully when I'm done I'll have a nice textured SGP skin with a reflective Apple logo in the center. I'm stoked about this too, as this should give the feel that the apple logo is slightly recessed in rather than it being a sticker that sticks out. Also- since the apple logo is precut to fit actual Macbooks, you know that it will be a clean cut (no jagged edges) and the exact same size as a regulation Apple product. I'll post photos if this thing turns out well... I'm really hoping it will.

Cheers,
Stephen
  (#140) Old

Send a message via ICQ to Down8 Send a message via AIM to Down8 Send a message via MSN to Down8 Send a message via Yahoo to Down8
Default 10-18-2009, 08:40 PM

I also just ordered the SGP Leather skin. Should arrive Monday. Very interested in killing to fingerprint magnet.

If it looks as good as the pictures, I'm going to see about doing the same type of skin with my 17" Everex.

-bZj

Dell Mini10v + 2GB + 80GB-7200rpm @OSX @Win7Pro
E2180 + D975XBX2 @VistaBiz | E2140 HTPC @XPMCE
Everex XT5000T @ VistaHP | Q9550 + DX38BT + H2O @Win7Pro
T-Mobile G1 | Dell X50-mid | eSATA & USB HDDs | tech junkie I am....

Tags
dell, laptop, skins

« Nice Sleeves for Mini 9/a90's on Sale for $1.00 | Solar Powered Mini 9? »