External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#91) Old

Default Re: Mini Skins? Carbon Skin? - 05-06-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpumpkin8
http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.ph ... cts_id/604
seems they just released it recently ,but do you really think it's needed for mini? mini is just so mini!
nice to have, but seems to be less cosmetic and protective bang-for-buck compared to top cover skin. i personally wouldn't spend the $, because i don't think i would damage the wrist pad area like i might the top cover, and cosmetically, it's not worth the $10 + shipping to me. but if it were free, i'd take it!
  (#92) Old
Administrator

Default Re: Mini Skins? - 05-06-2009, 11:58 AM

They also sell a variety of top skins in unique designs. Some who bought the skins earlier complained, reasonably so, that the picture on the site showed a wrist panel skin too, but the shipped cover did not include it. I note that they offer the wrist skin in black only, whereas the lid skins are varied such as carbon fiber look, leather look, etc.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#93) Old

Default 05-13-2009, 08:34 PM

What SGP/Cretouch doesn't sell (and what I need) are skins for Mini 10's. I have ordered one for for an Inspiron 15 and have asked them to cut it down for me in the comments section. Seeing as a previous poster had success in having them get him one for his Mini 9 with no cut-outs in it, I figured that I'd at least ask. If they can't, then out comes the exacto blade!
  (#94) Old

Default HackBook Skin from Uniqueskins.com - 05-26-2009, 06:57 PM

I just put my custom skin on my Vostro A90 HackBook. What do you think?

-Doc
Attached Thumbnails
hackbook skin.jpg  
  (#95) Old

Default 05-28-2009, 03:17 PM

for what its worth i just ordered the SGP carbon cover without the logo and will post pictures when i get it...
  (#96) Old

Default 06-01-2009, 12:26 AM

Just saw the following at SGPStore.com. They need devices to produce these quality skins. How 'bout one of you nice people with Mini 10's that reside in the City of Angels do this for the rest of us, huh?! --

"Support us to produce products for your device!

We need actual device to work with to produce our products such as Steinheil, SGP Shield, Laptop Skin, and etc. To achieve our goal of having products for as many models as possible, we need to get those all devices in our hands, but it is not easy for us to purchase every thousands expensive devices! Therefore, we would appreciate your support for our production.

We usually take 1~3 days to create products related to a device, we need to rent your device for it. Our designers are very sensitive and careful; we won¡¯t hurt your beloved belonging.

What we will get you back for this support is:

USD 5.00 of parking fee support.

Two products related to your device (selection may vary upon device).

What you Must is:

-Own a device we are looking for. (Laptops mostly)

-Availability to physically visit our office located in Los Angeles for drop/pick up the device.

-No delivery services will be accepted for this process, no exceptions.
How to apply to support us:

Please contact us through "Contact Us" page on our website. Simply and clearly state on the subject that you want to support us with the device we are looking for. For example, let's say we are looking for "Dell Inspiron 1525", and you are willing to support us, put the contact form subject as "Dell Inspiron 1525 Support" so our customer service representatives can easily notice and sort your contact form.

If you want to request products related to your device:
We would love to produce everything our customers ask us for, but unfortunately it is hard to do custom works for each of our customers as we have large numbers of customers. Please request the product by contacting us through Contact us page of the website, we will add your requested model name to our designers production list. (If we get large number of request for certain model, that might accelerate the production for that model.)

We are curretly looking for :
Dell Studio 15

Estimated hour needed for production: 1 ~24 hr
Will be given : USD5.00 of parking fee support, and two types of laptop skins at your choice for supported device

Dell Studio 17
Will be given : USD5.00 of parking fee support, and two types of laptop skins at your choice for supported device

Dell Inspiron Mini 12

Dell Studio XPS 16
Estimated hour needed for production: 1~24 hr

At least the rest of you could request the skins for the 10's go into production, especially now that it appears the 9's are becoming extinct.
  (#97) Old

Default 06-01-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomthinks View Post
I just put my custom skin on my Vostro A90 HackBook. What do you think?

-Doc
sweet....
  (#98) Old

Default 06-02-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockoutking View Post
for what its worth i just ordered the SGP carbon cover without the logo and will post pictures when i get it...
I did the same and they sent it to me without the logo cut out.

It looks great and works great. Very happy.

(Just add in the note field when checking out that you would like it without the logo cut out. )
  (#99) Old

Default 06-18-2009, 04:18 AM

Here is my skin ordered from skinit.com The only downside is they cut a hole out for the dell logo, which I intergrated into the design. The quality of the skin is awsome, it forms to the contours well and is removeable. I really which they would not cut out the hole. Oh well, here it is.

MY Dellapple:

Obsidian Black Mini 9
64Gb RunCore SSD running OS X 10.5.7 / 2Gb RAM / 1.3MP camera / Bluetooth / WLAN / Fingerprint Scanner / USB Hub
Original 16Gb SSD running Win XP
  (#100) Old

Default 06-18-2009, 08:25 AM

^i like it, the cutout for the sell logo gives it the even more hackintosh slick modded style.....cool.

Tags
dell, laptop, skins

« Nice Sleeves for Mini 9/a90's on Sale for $1.00 | Solar Powered Mini 9? »