External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default Make your own netbook sleeve from a pantleg. - 12-25-2009, 07:28 PM

I Just came up with the idea of making a netbook sleeve from the end of a pantleg from a pair of jeans. I grabbed an old pair of jeans, slid the netbook inside and it fits (not exactly snug though). All one would have to do is cut the pantleg off turn it inside out & sew up the cut end then turn it rightside out again..

Not as stylish as store-bought but better fitting than the large crown royal liquor pouch I have been using.

Now i just gotta get ahold of a sewing machine.

Note: I realize that are cheap netbook sleeves out there, but I hate that spongy rubbery wetsuit-like material (neoprene?) they are made from. I prefer a nice felt or thick cotton jeans material. And I am too cheap to buy one when i can make one myself.
  (#2) Old

Default 12-26-2009, 09:36 PM

Aaaah, the joy of making!
(Recommended reading)
  (#3) Old

Default 12-27-2009, 06:55 AM

I did a similar thing and searched through a bag full of clothes for the op-shop, found an old jumper of mine and made a sleeve out of that.

You're right, not as flash as store bought, but it's free, it's easy and it works.

« What external stereo speakers to buy? Wireless! | Stickers! »