External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#81) Old

Default Re: Buffalo Micro USB memory stick - RMUM-8G/BK - 05-07-2009, 10:07 AM

Bollywood, check PM!

Mini 10v | Obsidian Black | 160GB | 1GB RAM | 1.3 WC | A05 | OS X
  (#82) Old

Default Re: Buffalo Micro USB memory stick - RMUM-8G/BK - 05-07-2009, 09:38 PM

Got my one from holmes4 and forgot to say thanks! Bargain + VERY quick delivery from US to UK

Cheers matey!
  (#83) Old

Default Re: Buffalo Micro USB memory stick - RMUM-8G/BK - 05-08-2009, 11:15 AM

Is there any way to get one or two of these? I'm interested!!

EJ
  (#84) Old
Administrator

Default Re: Buffalo Micro USB memory stick - RMUM-8G/BK - 05-08-2009, 01:03 PM

The problem is that Buffalo is not allowed (due to a patent lawsuit) to sell any flash-memory related products in the US. As far as I know, these are only available in Japan. I vacationed there last month and picked up three, which went to various members here - I have no more. User bollywood also got some and resold them.

I am not aware of a Japanese retailer that is willing to ship these to the US, but one never knows. I'll point out that, in addition to the packages combining the adapter with a SDMicro card, they also offer packages with the adapter alone, which is what I bought. Given that the memory cards alone are cheaper in the US than in Japan, that would be the preferable way to go if you can find them.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#85) Old

Default Re: Buffalo Micro USB memory stick - RMUM-8G/BK - 05-08-2009, 02:51 PM

I ordered one from eBay. It was shipped out on Tuesday from Hong Kong. I paid a total of $18.90 for it. Since my address is an APO address, it may take a few weeks to arrive, but I can provide some feedback on it when it arrives if desired.
  (#86) Old

Default Re: Buffalo Micro USB memory stick - RMUM-8G/BK - 05-08-2009, 07:14 PM

I'm basically out of the usb reader/card combos. A few pending sales and that's it.

I will consider, if there is enough interest, placing a request again to my friend in Japan. I can request the usd readers/adapters without the micro sd cards.

It usually takes 7-10 days or bit longer if the readers are not locally available.
  (#87) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Buffalo Micro USB memory stick - RMUM-8G/BK - 05-08-2009, 09:08 PM

I know there is a site that specializes in bidding for you on eBay Japan auctions, getting the item and then shipping it to the US. Ralinka or something like that, perhaps they could help folks get these. I have no idea what sort of fees they charge for their services.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#88) Old

Default Re: Buffalo Micro USB memory stick - RMUM-8G/BK - 05-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Brando has a similar one available for pre-order. However, they only seem to have white.

http://usb.brando.com.hk/eagletec-usb-n ... 1d015.html

My Dell Mini 9
Black / BIOS A05 / Dual Booting XP Pro and Ubuntu 9.04 / 2GB RAM / 16GB SSD / BT 2.0 / 1.3MP Webcam / US-INTL Keyboard U061H
Extras:
16GB SDHC
Sleeve
External Drive
Skin
Buffalo MicroSD USB Memory Stick w/8GB MicroSD
  (#89) Old

Default Re: Buffalo Micro USB memory stick - RMUM-8G/BK - 05-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the link. Not shipping until June.

My friend from Japan will be sending me 5 black and 2 white of the Buffalo usb reader/adapter (without the micro sd card). I should be getting them in 10 days. 2 of the black ones have been reserved. So I will have the remaining 3 black and 2 white available. $15 shipped in US.

Update: ALL SOLD OUT.

I replied to everyone who sent pms. If you didn't receive one, please pm me again. With the changes to the forum, I don't know if you received them or not. Thanks.
  (#90) Old

Default 05-13-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollywood View Post
Thanks for the link. Not shipping until June.

My friend from Japan will be sending me 5 black and 2 white of the Buffalo usb reader/adapter (without the micro sd card). I should be getting them in 10 days. 2 of the black ones have been reserved. So I will have the remaining 3 black and 2 white available. $15 shipped in US.

Update: Currently 1 white usb reader remaining.
Pm'd, thanks

« SD cards | Matias [external] Folding Keyboard »