External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#51) Old

Smile Igo Netbook charger - 09-28-2009, 02:41 AM

I just recieved my new igo Netbook power supply unit. I got the Everywhere (Auto, Air and Wall) kit.

Retail price is $69 for the everywhere kit or you can get the wall only unit for $49 from Igo.

Right now you also can get two free tips for gaming or cell phones when you buy one of these units direct from Igo.

"iGo" Netbook Anywhere Charger at iGo, Inc.

First impressions - very nice and compact. The kit comes with a bunch of tips to power up most of the current netbooks including a tip for the Dell mini's. One cool feature is the tip has a right angle cable attachment so it only sticks out about an inch - big improvement over the Kensington products.

Also comes with a USB port on the side for charging phones and other small units.

This unit only supplies 40 watts so don't expect it to work on larger laptops - it is designed for netbooks only.

I have tried it in my car and using 120VAC. Using Battery Bar my Mini showed that it was connected and charging the battery while using both power sources. Airline flight next month so we will see how it does there but I do not expect problems.

Bottom line is that Igo has addressed the need for a dedicated Netbook power system and it has built what seems like a pretty nice product. Time will tell but I have high hopes.
  (#52) Old

Default 11-02-2009, 04:12 AM

Good tip on the iGo, but when it required me to spec a netbook tip, it kept returning a "no compatible tips" result for any of the Dells; otherwise looks like a nice product. If all someone needs is an AC adapter, I picked up one of these.

Dell Mini 10V | BIOS A05 | 2gb RAM | 500gb HD | BT | OS X 10.6.1 | VMware Fusion 3.0

« Diablotek?? External DVD | What external hard drive are you using? »