External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#41) Old

Default 06-24-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amthar View Post
Basically make the extension section of the adapter into a "Y" with the bottom of the Y be the original female plug of the extension. One "branch" of the Y would connect to the other part of the original extension. The other "branch" would connect to the 5mm outside 1.5mm inside center positive pin plug that would go into the mini.

I think I'm making even less sense than your post
Yes same idea, but instead of a Y I would have 2 different cables for the input side.

I'd rather not cut the nice dell cable, but I can't find any female connector - I've been searching the internet for 2 days...
Granted, I am not very good at it :-(
  (#42) Old

Send a message via AIM to fyrfyter Send a message via Yahoo to fyrfyter Send a message via Skype™ to fyrfyter
Default 06-25-2009, 12:03 PM

You can probably go to Radio Shack or the like, and find an Igo tip to fit the mini 9, and get one of the female ports as well from there, or possibly an online retailer that does laptop parts. Then just wire and heat shrink it, and you should have an adapter.
  (#43) Old

Default 06-25-2009, 02:15 PM

I don't think radio shack will have the female side, and I too have been unsuccessful in locating it anywhere on the intarwebs. I did find a jack, like would be soldered onto a motherboard, but this is not conducive to using as part of a cable.

I think the easiest and best bet would be to locate another travel adapter on ebay or some other inexpensive place and hack the extension that comes with it.

Or drop $100 on a slim travel adapter from kensington that will work right out of the gate.
  (#44) Old

Default Short cord - 06-25-2009, 03:37 PM

Does anyone know if there are AC adapters out there that aren't so long? I am looking for a short one that is easier to travel with.
  (#45) Old

Default 06-25-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgraham View Post
Does anyone know if there are AC adapters out there that aren't so long? I am looking for a short one that is easier to travel with.
The one that I posted about previously from PC Microstore has a 6 foot cord on the wall wart. I use it at home to charge overnight and travel with the longer corded original power adapter.
  (#46) Old

Default 06-25-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4crs View Post
The one that I posted about previously from PC Microstore has a 6 foot cord on the wall wart. I use it at home to charge overnight and travel with the longer corded original power adapter.
I am looking for the shortest length possible. Basically one that I can just plug in to recharge the battery, but not long enough to really use the mini while it is plugged in.
  (#47) Old

Default 06-25-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgraham View Post
I am looking for the shortest length possible. Basically one that I can just plug in to recharge the battery, but not long enough to really use the mini while it is plugged in.
dell travel charger can be really small but the connector is not right :-((

that's why I want to make an adapter
  (#48) Old

Default 07-21-2009, 07:34 PM

207503283: All Search Results - Buy.com

$10 top for the dell mini can be purchased from igo.com

$55 gets you a nice small travel adapter with a retractable cable.
  (#49) Old

Default PCMicrostore and Amazon too - 08-02-2009, 04:11 PM

I just ordered a 12v travel adapter for the Mini 9 from PCMicroStore for $13 and free shipping - such a deal! For this item see https://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDet...x?q=p:10510572. It's also the adapter spec'd for the Aspire One.

Also, Amazon is offering both travel and AC adapters for the Mini 9; the Dell stock item is $25 but you can save five bucks or so by buying an OEM unit (HQRP - who are they?)
  (#50) Old

Default 08-27-2009, 07:26 AM

Hi Jds394...

You can buy it only from dell site.
It is the only place where you can buy Dell and its products.

« Diablotek?? External DVD | What external hard drive are you using? »