External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#31) Old

Default Re: Replacement Power Adapter - 03-27-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Do the Brits switch polarity on electronic devices the same as they do cars?
No all UK cars are negative earth and have been for at least 30 ? years.

Robert in the UK
  (#32) Old

Default Re: Replacement Power Adapter - 04-25-2009, 07:14 AM

This may be a minority opinion, but I really find the early posts in this thread, which have eBay links to be almost completely useless. eBay only keeps the auction page up for a limited time after the auction ends.

Send a screenshot of the auction you bought from, or the seller please.
  (#33) Old

Default correction on suggestion? - 06-15-2009, 05:54 PM

I'm not sure, but I think you mean the "Acer Aspire 1200".

I just spent a few hours looking for an Asus 1200 to no avail, but found th Acer in about five minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W99DEY View Post
Does anyone know exactly what size the adapter tip is i.e. 5.5 outside 1.7 on the inside?

There are plenty of chargers out there @19v, the key is to get the right connector I guess.....

The ASUS Aspire 1200 adapter seems to fit the bill!
  (#34) Old

Default 06-16-2009, 03:28 AM

I bought one (120 volt) from PC Microstore. Here is the link:

http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDeta...x?q=p:10510241

It only has a 6 foot cord, not long like the OEM one. They also have the auto (12 volt) power adapter for the mini 9. They post decent discount coupons from time to time on dealnews.com.
  (#35) Old

Default 06-22-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4crs View Post
I bought one (120 volt) from PC Microstore. Here is the link:

PCMICROSTORE ACER ASPIRE ONE & DELL MINI AC ADAPTER CHARGER / PCMicroStore.com - Hot Deals on Computer Hardware, Consumer Electronic, Camera Accessories, Ipod MP3 Accessories, Gaming Accessories, Iphone Cell Phone Accessories, and many other Computer

It only has a 6 foot cord, not long like the OEM one. They also have the auto (12 volt) power adapter for the mini 9. They post decent discount coupons from time to time on dealnews.com.
So the product works well? I've been needing one, bought a mini without one.
  (#36) Old

Default 06-22-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorgle View Post
An official Dell document that I don't admit I have specifies the adapter as 19v +/- 1v so your 20v adapter will work fine (just be sure the tip is center positive!)
Just wondering if you can share that document and/or point to where I can find this.

I already have a Dell travel charger for my Dell D420 and if the mini9 can take 19.5V then I would just create a converter connector and I would have my car/airplane charger already !

thanks
  (#37) Old

Default 06-22-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjminch View Post
So the product works well? I've been needing one, bought a mini without one.
The PCMicrostore charger is working fine. I have used it daily for more than a week.
  (#38) Old

Default 06-24-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian View Post
Just wondering if you can share that document and/or point to where I can find this.

I already have a Dell travel charger for my Dell D420 and if the mini9 can take 19.5V then I would just create a converter connector and I would have my car/airplane charger already !

thanks
Funny that you say this... that's exactly what I was searching these forums on. I have a slim travel adapter that was being used for a D630. 19.5v 3.34a.

Sounds like I'll be making a trip to radioshack and getting a 5mm outside 1.5mm inside /w center positive pin and doing a little bit of cutting and soldering this weekend
  (#39) Old

Default 06-24-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amthar View Post
Funny that you say this... that's exactly what I was searching these forums on. I have a slim travel adapter that was being used for a D630. 19.5v 3.34a.

Sounds like I'll be making a trip to radioshack and getting a 5mm outside 1.5mm inside /w center positive pin and doing a little bit of cutting and soldering this weekend
well I am hoping to find a femalle connector for the travel charger and make an adapter cable.

I still need my bigger connector for the D420.

Worst case, I may cut the extension cord that comes with it, and make 2 adapter out of the female side. Not sure that's clear in writing, it is in my head :--)
  (#40) Old

Default 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian View Post
well I am hoping to find a femalle connector for the travel charger and make an adapter cable.

I still need my bigger connector for the D420.

Worst case, I may cut the extension cord that comes with it, and make 2 adapter out of the female side. Not sure that's clear in writing, it is in my head :--)
Basically make the extension section of the adapter into a "Y" with the bottom of the Y be the original female plug of the extension. One "branch" of the Y would connect to the other part of the original extension. The other "branch" would connect to the 5mm outside 1.5mm inside center positive pin plug that would go into the mini.

I think I'm making even less sense than your post

« Diablotek?? External DVD | What external hard drive are you using? »