External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Question Diablotek?? External DVD - 10-23-2009, 03:06 AM

Does anyone know of this company or have any experience with their products? They actually have a RED (as well as black, pink, and blue) external DVD drive...how cool is that? I did a quick search and found 2 positive reviews on Newegg and one just average. Amazon, Tiger Direct, and Newegg all have it at the same price; TigerDirect is the only one that charges shipping. It's $54.99, more than I NEED to spend, of course, but reasonable, and there's that silly things called matching colors....

What do you think? Here's a link to the Newegg page:
Newegg.com - DiabloTEK 8X DVD-R 8X DVD-RW 8X DVD-ROM 24X CD-R 24X CD-RW 24X CD-ROM USB 2.0 Red Aluminum Slim External 8X DVD Burner Model EXDVADR - External CD / DVD Drives

I would appreciate any comments, on the specs or anything else. I'm truly in the dark now.
  (#2) Old

Default took the plunge - 10-26-2009, 01:25 PM

I ordered the red External DVD from Amazon, and should get it in about a week. That will be fine, because I still have to do the upgrade. Now I just have to get my hands on Windows 7, and I'll finally have my pretty mini in a more usable form!
  (#3) Old
Guru

Default 10-26-2009, 01:31 PM

I hope it works for you.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#4) Old

Default 10-26-2009, 03:39 PM

Same here. I bought a Diablotek power supply a while back and it burnt out within a few minutes of hooking it up. I think the internal fan wasn't working or something. Haven't bought anything from them since. Could just an isolated case though.
  (#5) Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-27-2009, 12:10 PM

Personally it is not a brand name which is familiar to me, and I don't even think it looks particularly attractive either... just like a notebook drive stuck in an aluminium case... but that's just me!

Personally I purchased one of the external slot loading Dell models (when it was on sale!) and feel it complements my system perfectly.

Others of course will think differently!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN

« TV Tuner | Replacement Power Adapter »