External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#31) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default 06-21-2009, 04:16 PM

Yeah, I tried 3 different USB ports. All of my steps are posted here:
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=17267
I have an older PC, but very stable. So I may have a bad stick. Maybe a different brand?

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#32) Old

Default Built in TV Tuner - 06-22-2009, 10:58 PM

I recently picked up my new Mini 10 with HD Screen + Built in TV Tuner.. Works pretty good considering the bad press on built in video card. It did not come with an external antenna - which limits me to a single HD channel in my area (Ottawa / Canada).
  (#33) Old

Cool 06-25-2009, 06:09 AM

Earlier this afternoon at work, I was able to configure a Mini 10 with the TV tuner. Now, I can't configure any of the Mini 10 setups with a TV tuner at all!! When you get to the end of the order, it even has the nerve to tell you "no tv tuner selected"!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!
  (#34) Old

Default 07-23-2009, 10:09 AM

Hi,
Does anyone know if the Yamada dtv-100u dvb-t stick works with the mini 9? I don't actually have a mini 9 myself, I'm selling some and someone's asked if it will. The spec of the mini 9 are:

Processor – Inspiron Mini 9 Atom N270 (1.6GHz, 533MHz, 512kb) - 1024mb
Hard Drive – 8Gb Solid State Drive
Memory – 1024Mb DDr2 800MHz

Here are the specs for the tuner - it should work, but just wanted to see if anyone was able to confirm it, by any chance:

Interface - USB 1.1 and 2.0
TV/Audio - MPEG2 - Layer 2, VHF III (174~230MHz) and UHF
Layer 1 and 2

Video resolution
720 x 480, 720 x 576, 1920 x 1080
Aspect ratio 4:3, 16:9 Tuner 6/7/8 MHz
Chipset
QT1010 (Silicon tuner) + MT352 (Demod) Dimensions 32 x 88.2 x 17 mm
System requirements -
Win XP/2000, PC or notebook 128 MB storage or higher Intel Pentium II 1.1GHz or higher USB 1.1 or 2.0, sound card

Thanks for any help
  (#35) Old

Default 10-27-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somms View Post
Can confirm the Hauppauge HVR-850 tuner working great on the MINI! :mrgreen:
Picked it up at newegg for $40 back when it was on sale

First, verify that you have the latest driver for this tuner:

At Microsoft Update Catalog, search 'Hauppauge' then click 'Last Updated' to sort above latest driver to the top. Download the driver and install via the device manager.

Don't waste your time/SSD space installing the WinTV software!
Although its slightly better than Pinnacle's buggy HDTV player, it still blows chunks and very clunky on the Mini.

Instead, download and install GB-PVR mediacentre. TV, Music, Video, Pictures, DVD

Code:
GB-PVR supports the latest technologies, including ATSC/ClearQAM/DVB-C/DVB-T/DVB-S capture devices, high definition MPEG2 and H.264 television channels, media extenders (Popcorn Hour, Hauppauge MediaMVP etc), multidec support, multi-record (recording multiple digital channels with one tuner), etc
GB-PVR is freeware and very much less CPU intensive for watching HDTV on your Mini!

Lastly, confirm you have installed latest Download K-Lite Codec Pack K-Lite Codec Pack!

Thats all you need to do to enjoy HDTV on your Mini!
Have very good LOS and signal strength at my location using an external outside antenna...
Uploaded small Hauppauge SignalMonitor app for use monitoring the station's signal strength...
Hi almost posted a new thread, but found this one.

1. Is this still the preferred way or has there been any newer product or drivers, cause the Hauppauge HVR-850 is not getting good reviews on Newegg?

2. I have a 2GB RAM mini1010 HD screen, upon purchase it did not give the option (only the mini1010 1GB RAM gives it as an option, for now) for a TV-Tuner, could I just buy the internal part separately in install it or mod it to work internally, or do is my only option external USB?

3. My goal is only to get OTA HD channels, what would be my options to accomplish this?

4. Are any configurations working with Win7 or for now only XP has drivers?

Thanx in advance

Mini 1010 - 2 GB RAM - 128GB SSD RunCore Pro IV - HD Screen - Bluetooth - Camera - 6 cell batt - Tiny Win7 Rev1 - Black

« Does anyone know of a nice wireless mouse for about $20? | Diablotek?? External DVD »