External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default FYI - $20 Mail-in Rebate on Logitech Mice - 10-07-2009, 04:36 PM

Thought I'd share the wealth of info on this one. I just ordered a Logitech V550 Nano cordless laptop mouse for my mini 9 from Amazon. They are having a $20 mail-in rebate for the MX620, V550 (blue), V550 (grey), and the VX nano right now. I snagged the V550 because after rebate it puts it at $22 brand new. The VX Nano is a really sweet mouse but at +$20 more I passed for the baser model. You can get these mice on ebay for a similar price, BUT virtually all of them are refurbished or floor models (not a bad thing, I just like having a new mouse so that I can work directly with the manufacturer if there are defects). The V550 and VX Nanos are especially awesome for netbooks since the receiver is teeny-tiny and can be stored in the computer rather then taking it out all the time.

Here is the link for the rebate: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...231233844_.pdf

Be sure to order from amazon or one of the listed vendors as these are the only ones that apply to the rebate. Cheers!
  (#2) Old

Default 10-07-2009, 06:15 PM

I got a Kensington mini Bluetooth USB dongle (Link) (its about the same size as the VX Nano RF dongle) and a Microsoft Notebook Laser Mouse (Link). The MS mouse battery life is awesome, and the BT dongle just works in Windows (XP+) without a driver.

True mercy is never earned.

Desktop: Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz (unlocked to X6)|8GB 1600 DDR3|500GB|Radeon HD 6750|Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Notebook: Inspiron 1121|Core i3-330UM|8GB 800 DDR3|320GB|Intel HD Graphics|Windows 7 Pro x64
  (#3) Old

Default 10-07-2009, 08:22 PM

doesn't look like any of them are bluetooth mice, which is what i've been looking for. thanks for the heads up tho.

Mine: Alpine White/Midnight Garden | 16GB SSD Hard Drive | 1GB Ram | Windows 7 | 1.3Pxl cam | Built in Bluetooth | 16GB SDHC Card

« Good wireless keyboard for the mini 9 also wireless mouse issues in OSX | Cases and Bags for the 11z? »