External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 12-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Well, since the skinit.com thread produced such good results. I thought I would see if the Dell Mini 9 community can do the same for another skinning site, DecalGirl.com I have used their products in the past and have been very impressed with the quality and their prices are much lower than the competition. They already offer skins for the Asus EEE PC and they just added the Acer Aspire One, both are priced at $14.99 I have contacted them in regards to making a skin available for the Mini 9, but I have been told they need more requests before making one available.
So I have decided to ask my fellow Mini 9 owners to please send an email to support@decalgirl.com or stop by the site DecalGirl and request that they make a skin for the Mini 9. There is also a live chat option on the site. Thanks to everyone in advance.

My Dell Mini 9
Black / BIOS A05 / Dual Booting XP Pro and Ubuntu 9.04 / 2GB RAM / 16GB SSD / BT 2.0 / 1.3MP Webcam / US-INTL Keyboard U061H
Extras:
16GB SDHC
Sleeve
External Drive
Skin
Buffalo MicroSD USB Memory Stick w/8GB MicroSD
  (#2) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to GerallK
Default Re: [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 12-03-2008, 03:32 PM

I've just had a chat with a Support person - very friendly, knowledgeable. She told me to check back in mid-January; they're getting requests for the mini and are looking for fire up something after the holidays.

Great site - Thanks for the link!

Obsidian Mini 9 > 2gb ram, 16gb ssd, bluetooth, 1.3mp webcam, us-intl kbd
Internal Mods > usb hub, 16gb flash drive, 8gb flash drive, added webcam, changed kbd
Software Mods > Dellbuntu 8.04.1 | Gentoo 2008.0
  (#3) Old

Default Re: [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 12-05-2008, 11:52 PM

I ordered a custom cut decalgirl sticker, using the published Mini9 dimensions and it is nearly perfect. The corners could have been more rounded- there is one corner that has lifted a tiny bit. So I also requested the company make a skin specifically for the Mini9. The decalgirl skins are beautiful and durable.

White Mini 9 with 2 GB RAM and 64 GB RunCore SSD running Win7 RC1
  (#4) Old

Default Re: [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 12-20-2008, 02:21 PM

just got my order from Istyles and both my eee pc skin and ipod skin where from decal girl
intresting!
but the eee skin fits damn close to the mini 9 and i just have to do some minor trimming to the included palm rest and that will fit too!
ill stop by and make a request as i made the request at istyles but it kinda fell on deaf ears i think
these skins are much better than the cr4p i got from 3acp.com

Mini 9: Black, WinXP, 2GB GSkill RAM, 16GB STEC SSD, Intel 5300 a/b/g/n, BlueTooth, 8 cell battery (11hr runtime)
  (#5) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 12-25-2008, 09:36 AM

\o/

sory me no spiko english
  (#6) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Some-what Evil
Default Re: [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 12-25-2008, 02:45 PM

VERY NICE!! I bow to thee. ^^

Mini-9
STEC 8 gig SSD
RAM 2Gig 800Mhz.
WWAN parts in place
Fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Gigabyte b,g & n WiFi card that works
Sony DVD ROM/CD burner in slimline external case
Planned upgrades; 16 gig STEC SSD, Internal Bluetooth and Black Lid
  (#7) Old

Default Re: [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 01-18-2009, 08:46 AM

nothing yet, lets hope they release something soon

Mini 9: Black, WinXP, 2GB GSkill RAM, 16GB STEC SSD, Intel 5300 a/b/g/n, BlueTooth, 8 cell battery (11hr runtime)
  (#8) Old

Default Re: [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 01-20-2009, 04:16 AM

Some good news:

I just ordered a refurb Mini 9 after seeing the 20% off coupon last Friday, and emailed DecalGirl immediately to find out about skin availability. here's what they said:

Quote:
SUBJECT: Contact Form - Other

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are actually getting ready to release the Dell Mini hopefully with in the next week or two.

Thank you and please keep an eye out for them.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Michelle
DecalGirl.com
302-644-9399
1-866-841-0922
Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm EST
My question now is: will their skins stretch to include the curved border of the mini 9 lid? I hope it does, since I ordered a white one, and I'd like the option of getting a dark skinned one. I think it'd look weird if there was a white border on the skin...might make it look a bit cheap. The ones on their website (for the EEE) don't stretch all the way, but one of the images in this thread have them stretching fully. Also, will the skin include an inner section that covers the screen bezel, like the ones on 3ACP do? I'd really prefer that. If anyone has info on that, please do share

Dell Mini 9 (refurb), Alpine White, 1GB RAM, 8GB SSD, Windows 7, Office Enterprise 2007. Free Space left: 932 MB.
  (#9) Old

Default Re: [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 01-20-2009, 10:22 PM

They have some available now. I ordered the bones for my black mini 9. From the looks of the pictures they have they are not going to stretch to cover the curved portion of the lid. Checked google for coupons and there was a 15% coupon code that works currently, PSPHOME.
  (#10) Old

Default Re: [REQUEST] Decal Girl to make a Dell Mini 9 Skin - 01-21-2009, 03:14 AM

Before the Dell Mini9 skins were available, I ordered a custom cut skin based on published dimension of the Mini. The size allowed the skin to follow the curved top a little bit- not all the way to the end of the top shell. It looks great, with a tiny bit of wrinkling on the front corners..

The new mini skins also cover the palmrest. I may reorder, but my favorite designs aren't listed for the mini. I sent an email to see if othe designs could be used

Edited to add: Customer service says more designs on the way!

White Mini 9 with 2 GB RAM and 64 GB RunCore SSD running Win7 RC1

« Tiny Bluetooth USB Adapter Dongle for Mini | Need software to mirror multi boot HDD »