External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default Stand for Mini 9: Elevate 4-8 inches - 09-30-2009, 02:04 AM

Are there any stands available that can be used with the Mini 9 to elevate it about 4 to 8 inches from a flat surface (like a table + not necessarily at an angle)?

Do you think like a breakfast-in-bed type stand might work (maybe like those used in a clinic)?

I was also hoping for something that had a mesh/fishnet design & doesn't get hot.

I'm not very sure how Cardboard Stand for Mini 9 would work.

Any suggestions....?

P.S I've looked all over the Peripherals section for stuff already, but didn't find any thing.
  (#2) Old

Default 10-15-2009, 07:42 PM

(#3) Old

Default 10-16-2009, 01:46 AM

MyPlace may be a good possiblity. Grooved table area that the netbook sits on, adjustable leg heights, angles for netbook with separate adjustablity for mouse or other accessories. Nice LED light.

I purchased a few at Staples some months ago.

http://www.annaslinens.com/show_prod...tm_term=46195#
  (#4) Old
Expert Member

Default 10-16-2009, 03:58 AM

You could always use the pattern from the cardboard stand and make it out of wood or plastic or even metal for a stronger stand.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#5) Old
Administrator

Default 10-16-2009, 02:31 PM

Newegg has this adjustable stand from Rosewill on sale - I just ordered one. It got very good reviews.

Newegg.com - Rosewill Aluminum Multi-Functional Lapdesk Model RNA-9000 - Laptop Accessories

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#6) Old

Send a message via AIM to ewang718
Default 10-18-2009, 04:39 AM

The cardboard stand is more for if you have another monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Its high enough to be significantly cooler. You need to cut one of the pieces out twice and the symmetrical piece just needs to be cut once. If you need anymore explanation on how it works, feel free to PM me.

Dell Mini 9 | 16 gig SSD | 1.3 MP Webcam | Mac OSX 10.6.1 | 2 gig RAM | BIOS A04
Dell Mini 10v | 160 gig HD | 1.3 MP Webcam | Mac OSX 10.6.1 | 2 gig RAM | BIOS A05
  (#7) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default 10-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Love my Belkin Cush Top. It is angled though.
Belkin : CushTop

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#8) Old

Default 10-28-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoplinger1 View Post
You could always use the pattern from the cardboard stand and make it out of wood or plastic or even metal for a stronger stand.
I've been thinking the same thing- the cardboard stand is the perfect size for me. Been using it consistently and it has made using the Mini infinitely better! No more strain looking down at it at a weird angle. Plus it disassembles easy can can store flat in my bag. A thin wood would be really nice and sturdy without adding too much size to the build. I may try to accomplish this with a jig saw when I get a chance.

Cheers,
Stephen
  (#9) Old

Thumbs up Good advise - 08-19-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
Newegg has this adjustable stand from Rosewill on sale - I just ordered one. It got very good reviews.

Newegg.com - Rosewill Aluminum Multi-Functional Lapdesk Model RNA-9000 - Laptop Accessories

Great advice. Thanks

I ordered one with super fast deliver. This desk is big and very sturdy with versatility that able to work in any angle. If you did not read the menu, it could a little difficult at first to get right in the correct position. But I was able to lay on my bed or sofa with my 18 in laptop to watch movie. This one is perfect.

It was not cheap. I have several lapdesks that cost me less that $30 bucks. But they usually broke within a year. But this one is lot stronger. I will buy another one for my Mom for Xmas gift. She will be happy to read books on bad with this table.

There are good and bad reviews listed at Newegg. Those bad reviews almost stop me from getting this desk. But I have a feeling that I should trust ppl in this forum and it prove that my gut feeling is right.

Cheers
  (#10) Old
Administrator

Default 08-26-2010, 03:28 PM

I like the Rosewill stand and agree that the adjustments are a bit confusing at first.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Mini9 > VGA Out > External Monitor/TV? | External DVD in not in BOOT menu »