External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Leopard, USBModem, Sprint, Palm 755p tether - 09-23-2009, 07:30 PM
This is how I setup the connection (a variation on: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Sprint Centro, Bluetooth DUN - SprintUsers.com #5):
1. Obviously, make sure bluetooth on the phone and the mac are on. Make sure the phone's bt is set to visible.
2. On the mac, open System Preferences -> Network
3. On the left, click the bluetooth pane.
4. Telephone number, account name and password should be blank.
5. Click set up bluetooth device
6. If in the left pane, there is a "Palm Device" delete it.
7. Click the + at the bottom of the left pane to set up a new device.
8. Go through the wizard to set up the phone, making sure the "access the internet" box is checked.
9. On the next page of the wizard:
Phone Vendor: Sprint
Phone Model: PCS Vision
Phone number: #777
To start the connection, go back to System Preferences -> Network, make sure all the info is in the appropriate fields, then click connect.
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.