External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#11) Old

Default 09-06-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
There is a pushbutton switch on the bottom. Push and hold to turn the mouse on and off. Inserting the receiver also turns it off.
great.
now i just have to convince someone to get me one for christmas...

Dell Vostro A90
16gb ssd
2gb RAM
BT+ .3 webcam
Windows 7 Ultimate Final
32gb sdhc card (Oh Yeah!)
Logitech VX nano
  (#12) Old
Administrator

Default 09-06-2009, 02:56 PM

On sale at Staples this week for $39.95.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#13) Old
Retired Mini user

Default 09-06-2009, 04:15 PM

I got a V450 Nano on sale at Dell several months ago for $28. Love it.

Getting an iPad
  (#14) Old

Default 09-06-2009, 05:41 PM

Just a side note if anyone has upgraded to SL & using the 'Nano' you can actually get it to work as advertised (program different gestures etc.).

If you still have the lcc300 package Re-download Logitech Control Center 3.0 if you do not still have the installation package on your machine.
2. Unzip the download, then right-click on the installer package. Select "Show All Contents."
3. Navigate through the package to the Contents folder, then the Resources folder. There, you'll find the Logitech Control Center.mkpg. Double-click on it and install it.
Once your system has rebooted, you'll find that you regain full access to customizing your Logitech mouse (and it works for keyboards as well.) It even carried over all of my customized keyboard button settings from Leopard, so you shouldn't have to go through much hassle to reconfigure your equipment. The only thing I had to readjust was the scroll speed on my mouse.

If you have Exposé as one of your mouse/keyboard button settings, copy or link (do not move) the Expose.app file from /Applications/Utilities to the /Applications folder. Then Exposé will work properly again.

Works for me..

Sorry for the 'hijacking'
  (#15) Old
Expert Member

Default 09-06-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantannerisb View Post
After reading up on the vx nano, it sounds like the perfect mouse. however, its kinda pricey. even on ebay. does anyone know of any current deals on it?
I found mine quite a bit cheaper than eBay's price by going to Amazon and looking at their other sellers option. I got mine with shipping for either a 29 or 31. Currently you could get a used one for $35.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#16) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 09-06-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaraeez View Post
yep I have the same one (hyperspeed ) & it works a treat in OS X though the Logitech Control centers not working in SL (Till Sept I believe). Check some reviews out on 'YouTube' to give you an idea.
Logitech Control Center is working... you just have to follow the instructions posted above by jaraeez. TUAW did a little piece on this since many people had their Logitech mice stop working when they upgraded to SL.

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
  (#17) Old

Default 09-08-2009, 05:25 AM

I am not aware of any wireless mouse for 20 dollars. But you can search it online.
  (#18) Old

Default 09-10-2009, 12:19 PM

My friend purchased the VX Nano for his Toshiba laptop. I had the standard bluetooth Microsoft laptop mouse that you can stick the receiver into on the bottom when moving it. I had to say, I felt ripped off after using the Logitech mouse, my Microsoft mouse was ages behind the times compared to it.

This was mine:

I would highly recommend not buying this if you see it for a good deal, as other mice for the same price can totally out-perform this. The accuracy of the mouse on-screen was awful, and if the pc lagged at all so did the mouse, and horribly.

So yeah, if you see the VX Nano for a good deal grab that sucker up it's amazing.
  (#19) Old

Default 09-13-2009, 10:47 PM

(#20) Old
Expert Member

Default 09-16-2009, 12:41 PM

Don't know how nice this mouse is. Just that it fits your price criteria, $11 (plus shipping I presume) at eCost:
eCOST.com-HP Bluetooth Laser Mouse - FR168AA#ABA - HP FR168AA#ABA (Accessories) - eCOST.com - electronics, computers, laptops, mp3 players

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral

« Dell 8X external DVD drive? | TV Tuner »