External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#21) Old

Thumbs up And on sale! - 10-19-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
Ok - take a look here: Customer Image Gallery for Cables Unlimted FANNBCOOL3 MiniFit Slate Grey Metal Netbook Cooler with Fan

And if you like my review or pictures, please mark them as helpful. Thanks.
I did find both helpful, and marked them as such. It is now marked at $14 and change, and at that price, it is certainly worth a try. I like that it is not bulky and is easily carried on a daily basis (without the fan). It is now sitting in my Amazon shopping cart, I've got one open on MDD too and several other tabs as well and I am getting confused! I had better buy this stuff.
  (#22) Old

Default 10-29-2009, 03:12 AM

since this topic is about stands for the mini 9 i thought i'd post a link I found about another DIY or do it yourself option for stands.

I wanted my mini to stand vertical so i could save shelf room on my new desk. I also didn't want to have to pay for an option. I tryed cardboard using the plan in this post and it wasn't what I wanted. Even modified I felt it wasn't strong enough to last.

I found this link for another option however:

DIY Laptop Stand Built Using an Upcycled Coat Hanger @greenUPGRADER

This works well. The only change to make the instructions work with a netbook is on step two. Bend the coat coathanger more twards the middle then it shows in the picture. It may take you two tries or so, which is what it took me. Thankfully we have hundreds of hangers about the place and they won't be missed.
I also coated the bottom and edges that touch the netbook with masking tape because I don't want either my new desk or the netbook accidently scratched.

Overall it's saving a good about of space. Now I want to try and find a low cost option to mount a corner shelf above it to store my netbook accessories

Mine: Alpine White/Midnight Garden | 16GB SSD Hard Drive | 1GB Ram | Windows 7 | 1.3Pxl cam | Built in Bluetooth | 16GB SDHC Card
  (#23) Old
Expert Member

Default 10-29-2009, 12:06 PM

Wonder where the person on instructables got that very heavy coat hanger. All the ones here at my house are of a much thinner material.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#24) Old

Default 11-11-2010, 07:37 AM

LOL! My Mini 9 just sits on one of those mini milk crates (open-side up) that you can get at the Dollar store!

Hmm, maybe if I took a hacksaw and cut the crate off at an angle...?

Dell Mini 910 - Runcore 64GB SSD - 16 GB SD - 2 GB Ram - Win XP SP3 - 1.3MP Webcam - Obsidian Black

Tags
dell, dell mini 9, mini 9, stand

« External DVD Drive | Mini9 > VGA Out > External Monitor/TV? »