External Accessories / Peripherals Discuss any accessories used to enhance your Dell Inspiron Mini experience.

(#1) Old

Default Can I play my iPod movies on my Mini9? - 07-05-2009, 02:35 PM

Is there a program that allows me to play the movies on my ipod directly on my mini 9 screen? Possibly VLC or a similar program?

Mini 9 8gb SSD Win XP
2gb Kingston RAM
16gb SDHC
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 07-05-2009, 03:09 PM

It depends - what do you mean by "movies on my ipod"? Were these purchased from iTunes? If so, then only iTunes will play them. If they are MP4 movies from other sources, then sure, VLC or other video players will work. Even Windows Media Player may play them.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 07-05-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
It depends - what do you mean by "movies on my ipod"? Were these purchased from iTunes? If so, then only iTunes will play them. If they are MP4 movies from other sources, then sure, VLC or other video players will work. Even Windows Media Player may play them.
Yeah I downloaded the ipod plugin onto my Xbox and can play my purchased Southpark on my TV.

As for the movies I thinhk the very least you will need is Quicktime, chances are, Itunes aswell.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#4) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to dad2ways
Default 07-07-2009, 12:41 AM

Anything that plays on your iPod will also play on your Dell Mini product, regardless of whether or not you are using OS X or Windows. I regularly watch the same version of videos that you download from the iTunes Music Store and have ripped myself to the same format. I use iTunes for the playback in Windows. In OS X I put the titles into an iTunes library and view them using Front Row. This is the best because all you have to do is hit Alt-Escape and Front Row launches no matter what else is going on.
  (#5) Old

Default 07-13-2009, 01:00 AM

I don't know if this helps, but its what I do. Plug your ipod into the mini, and look for the movie in Rhythmbox, and look at what the file name is, and where's its stored on the ipod (usually fe03.mp4 in Folder G03 or some variation thereof). Then open up Movie Player, and open up the correct file and folder. double click and watch

This worked for me, but I didn't buy the movies off itunes, i ripped them myself. so.. good luck!
  (#6) Old

Default 07-15-2009, 09:33 PM

I ended up plugging in my ipod, searching for any .mp4 files, and they play through VLC no problem. Thanks for the advice.

Mini 9 8gb SSD Win XP
2gb Kingston RAM
16gb SDHC

« SGPStore - Mini Skins | External Mini PCI-e SSD caddie »