Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Help with Dual-boot on Dell Mini 1012 - 10-21-2011, 03:16 AM

HELP! I've tried using Oscar's Guide (Start with Windows, Add OS X- Guide to Dual Boot.) several times now and the only way I can get any kind of boot out of the machine is if I boot from the OSX Install USB, and then select the OSX partition on the hard drive.

When I try and boot from the hard drive, the system keeps rebooting, over and over again after the Chameleon boot screen.

When I try and select the OSX partition from Chameleon by interrupting the process by pressing the space bar, the machine reboots.

When I try and select the Windows 7 partition, I get a message that says:
BOOTMGR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

The system I am installing on is a Dell Mini 10 (1012) with WLAN tied to AT&T. The system is brand new. I do NOT have a Windows 7 install disc as Dell only gives you the ability to create "Recovery" DVDs. The Recovery discs will either restore a backup, or restore the machine to the way it was shipped from the factory (by wiping all the partitions and recreating the partitions as it came).

I did post this message in the thread, but it's been a few days and there's be no response so I hope that starting a new thread will get some attention.

Can anyone help me figure out what to do next?

« UBuntu/XP Dual Boot Uninstall Ubuntu? | How to resize OSX partition in Dual boot »