Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default True crypt or other encryption processs - 09-14-2010, 07:25 PM

hey guys . .i have a dell mini 10v thats triple booted with windows 7 prof mac osx snow leopard 10.6.2 and ubuntu 9.04. 2 gigs of ram with a nice wireless N card with a third antenna installed, and a 64 gb ssd drive.

well i wanna keep everything secure . .at work i have been learning about bitlocker from windows and truecrypt a free open source encryption program. i know truecrypt can be used for linux and windows. . .not to sure about mac though but since linux is supported i dont see why macs shouldnt be.

but anyway truecrypt messes with the partitions in order to load a bootloader that you have to put a assword into in order to commense into the loading screen of the operating system (part of the security). . my question is how can i put this on my tripple boot dell mini 10v. would i have to encrypt each OS by itself like pick an OS from my chameleon loading screen then the truecrypt bootloader comes up and i put in my password? or does the trucrypt boot loader come up at first start and i put my password in then i get to the chamelon loader? the second is what i would ideally like to see. . . i didnt want to venture into this without some sort of advice because i didnt want to mess with my partitions that i got working.

any help would be greatly apreciated.

« Can't boot to Windows 7 anymore (after 10.6.4 / NBI install) | Do you still have to downgrade bios from A06 to dual boot? »