Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default com.apple.Boot.plist - Please help! - 09-06-2010, 06:57 PM

So, I have my OSX and 7 Dual Boot running. Great!

However, now I am trying to make some tweaks and I am banging my head. Namely, I want to change the default OS that loads, or possibly make it so that the boot menu loads automatically.

I have researched this thread: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-...2-20-09-a.html

Documentation for Chameleon 2.0 RC

In the least the load menu automatically looks straightforward being:

<key>Instant Menu</key>

However, try as I might and no matter how many times I change com.apple.Boot.plist . Nothing happens. I am using the Plist found by right clicking on the Netbookinstaller and drilling down to the Dell Mini 10v folder and then looking in "extrafiles". Is this correct?

I have also read that there is another Plist in the Mac OS intsall under system preferences. I found this and started messing around with it. Luckily I didn't mess-up my machine. I read that you shouldn't have to edit this one.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

(#2) Old
Default 09-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Hi there onemorerun.

You may care to read this thread to which I contributed

Adding Windows Partition to Chameleon

EasyBCD can easily be used to manage a dual boot, including changing the default OS.

(#3) Old
Default I'll give it a lool, thanks. - 09-07-2010, 03:31 PM

I'll give it a look thanks. I have hear of EasyBCD, but had held off doing more research until now.

I get a little stubborn in the way that I heard the tweaks to the Chameleon .plist should work so I end up spending hours trying to get it to work.

EasyBCD could be a healthier alternative : ).

« How to install Windows Dual Boot on a Mac OSX Running System | Is SL insatll easier from external CD? »