Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#11) Old
Default 09-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Quick Question,

- type "select partition X", where X is the number of HFS+ partition (large size + offset 200MB)
- type "active"

when I select partition, do i make both the 200MB HFS active as well as the large set?

also once i do that, when do i do the windows 7 repair thing?

thanks for all the help, i am using this on a lenovo S10, this netbook works amazingly with mac os X
  (#12) Old
Default 09-23-2010, 03:27 PM

from what i remember, the "large size + offset 200mb" is the partition you want to select. when selected, both will become active.
  (#13) Old
Default 09-24-2010, 01:58 PM

Alright, i figured out what everyone was talking about.. so that list really means taht its this size after the 200MB, (since 200MB) is the EFI side... makes a lot of sense..

anyways. was wondering if anyone experience where the DVD doesnt allow you to repair? like the option isnt even there.. I'm using a lenovo Windows 7 home premium one.. strange effect here..

im going to try to install with another DVD and see what happens..

but overall the idea worked, i just couldnt repair the install :-(
  (#14) Old
Default 09-29-2010, 02:17 PM

Alright here is my problem...

I installed Mac OS X 10.6.2, I had GUID table with 40GB for SL and 50GB for Windows 7 and whatever is left is for storage..

i installed mac os x, works perfect, then i installed windows 7 here is where my problem comes in..

mac os x installed
windows 7 installed..

now machine boots to windows 7.

I did the diskpart and made the chameleon active part active, then used my netbook mac cd to restart that original mac os x partition.. then reinstall lenovo s10 enabler (should be similar to netbookinstaller).... now when i go back to chameleon, it should in theory show windows 7 and mac os x, and the empty drive... (i had to turn off quiet boot)

but instead... all i see is mac os x and the empty drive... for some reason it does not see windows 7 partition..

can anyone help me?

now here is the funny part.. i go to windows 7 DVD and go to command prompt, and make the windows 7 partition active again, then the computer boots into windows 7...

soo im so close to getting this to work, can anyone please help me?
  (#15) Old
Default 10-20-2010, 03:51 PM

I tried this, obviously with Snow Leopard installed first. Attempted to install Windows 7 from USB DVD Drive, it attempts to install but then fails after reboot, I'm just left with a blank screen and a white _ flashing in the top left. Please help!!

« Dual Boot ?? so confused, need help pretty please ?? | Help Dual-Booting with Snow Leopard and Windows 7 »