Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default DUAL BOOT Win 7 Starter and Snow Leopard not same as XP+SL? - 07-06-2010, 04:41 PM

hey guys i bought a 10v with windows xp about a month ago and dual booted it perfectly fine with snow leopard. i recently just bought another 10v but this one had windows 7 starter on it and i used the same guide for the xp but when i try to boot into windows 7 i am getting an error, "boot mgr missing"

anyone know how to fix this?

to dual boot i simply used ubuntu to create two partitions (i left the restore and recovery partitions). i then restarted the netbook and booted into the snow leopard usb i have. installed snow leopard and the latest version of netbook installer, ran the update. snow leopard works fine, its just whenever i boot into win 7 starter i get the error.
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 07-06-2010, 04:45 PM

The easiest way is with a USB CDROM, plug this in and insert the Windows CD, that hopefully came with it. Boot to the CD and select startup repair and it will rewrite the bootmgr

« problems with set up | Working Guide to Dual Booting a 10v with Win7 & OSX using Chameleon! FINALLY »