Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default 0SX 10.6.3 and Windows 7 dual boot problem (blinking cursor after starting screen) - 05-14-2010, 12:54 AM

hi folks,

i got a problem with my dell mini which i can't fix alone. i searched the forum for hours, but i didn't find help.
i installed mac os 10.6.2 on my dell mini with the help of dellminiboot123 and the syslinux file.
everything worked fine. a few weeks ago i update the 10.6.2 to 10.6.3 and used the new netbookinstaller 0.8.4 RC1.
this also worked great. i felt awesome and so i decided to create a multiboot with windows 7.
i did everthing exactly like in this description:
Simple way to create Dual Boot : Snow Leopard and Windows 7
i installed w7 and did also the following steps:
- type "diskpart"
- type "select disk 0"
- type "list partition"
- type "select partition X", where X is the number of HFS+ partition
- type "active"
- type "exit"
and reboot... i now i stuck after the dell starting screen i only see a blinking cursor.
what can i do fix this? i actually only have a windows xp pc.

i'm german, so i beg your pardon for my bad english.
  (#2) Old
Default 05-14-2010, 04:30 AM

I don't have any experience with using the dellminiboot123, but when I got to that point, I booted with my NetbookInstaller .8.4RC1 usb drive and reran netbook installer.

I've had much success with meklort's guides

Dell Mini 10V - Obsidian Black - 2GB - 40GB Intel SSD - Bluetooth 2.1 - Razer Pro|Solutions Mouse
Current OS: Windows 7 Professional

« Cameleon Won't boot a successful install of XP | How to install windows 7 onto mini 10v with 10.6.3 already installed as dual boot? »