Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Embarking on a Pentaboot - 05-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Not content with my 10v's meagre two operating systems I've decided to devise a project to add not one, not two but three new operating systems to my netbook. Although ostensibly they're all Linux. I already have a perfectly working Snow Leopard/Windows 7 install though so I'm wary of screwing it up. The OS's I plan on adding are Ubuntu, Moblin and Android x86. I'll probably tackle it this weekend but I believe the partition file systems will likely be an issue and I'm going to have to be careful what order I install in. Ideally I'd like to keep Chameleon and try and chain GRUB to it but I'm not overly fussy in this regard. Anyone got any tips or links I should take a look at?

And yes, I am entirely too bored.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 05-11-2010, 05:35 PM

yes, you have totally too much free time on your hands..ever try coin or stamp collecting?...how about bowling or golf?....anyway not sure if it will work but have you ever heard of easybcd....supposed to be pretty good for that kind of multi booting...and its free (forever)...

Download EasyBCD 1.7.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies' multiple award-winning answer to tweaking the new Windows Vista bootloader. With EasyBCD, almost anything is possible. Setting up and configuring Windows boot entries is simple, and there is no easier way to quickly boot right into Linux, Mac OS X, or BSD straight from the Windows Vista bootloader - on the fly, no expert knowledge needed!
EasyBCD is used and recommended by Microsoft, PC-World, PC-Magazine, Softpedia, PC-Welt, and dozens more!

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Default 05-16-2010, 02:59 PM

I'd love to see you succeed.

Post results!

« How to install windows 7 onto mini 10v with 10.6.3 already installed as dual boot? | Here a solution of dualboot: OS-X and chrunchbang with grub2 »