Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Exclamation Triple Boot HELP!!!!!! - 04-21-2010, 10:07 PM

Hi everyone,

Yes, I've posted on this subject before, but instead of using GRUB to boot into Mac OS X, I'm going to use Chameleon. So I installed Snow Leopard and Windows 7 and both worked fine with the Chameleon boot loader, but I want to throw Ubuntu 9.1 into the mix. So I installed Ubuntu, and on the Grub screen, I see all my OS's and all of them work except for Mac OS X. So, now I want to install Chameleon. I have Ubuntu installed on an ext3 partition this time (used to be ext4) and when I boot into my Snow Leo install media, I see the Chameleon boot loader with the installer partition, Mac OS X, and Windows NTFS (Windows 7 BTW), but Linux is absent. If I install Chameleon right now, would Linux show up? I wouldn't really care if I select Linux from Chameleon and it give me GRUB as long as I'm able to boot into it. Please help me because I'm really don't feel like installing Ubuntu all over again after discovering it doesn't show up. I'm a n00b at partitioning btw, so kid-friendly language would be appreciated

ubuntu boot chameleon

« Install OSX SL on Dell Mini 10v with existing Win7? | My XP/OSX Dual-Boot Saga, with a Happy Ending! »