Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Triple boot XP OSX UNR with existing XP installation? - 03-30-2010, 11:06 PM

my dell mini 10v is arriving in thursday! i want to do a triple boot, but im not sure how to do it when there is an existing xp installation. i bought a brand new one off ebay for $279.99 (great deal!), and it has xp installed my default. from the description i read, the only discs it comes with are the drivers. so this worries me. can i just install osx and unr around xp, and chameleon will pick it up with no issues? or do i have to go through acrobatics to get there? also, as i have looked around the forums, ive heard about this thing called Acronis. what is it and how can it help me here?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

ok, so i looked at Acronis, and now that i know what it is, i was wondering if the trial version will do for what i have happening. like, i have a winVista disc, but for obvious reasons, i dont want to image it for usb booting. so how can i make a xp image from my current installation, get osx, xp and unr installed and working, then restore with Acronis?

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

someone must have done this before. i need help!

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

hehe, im an idiot. i just now read the 10v faq page again, and found the backup current install part.

« Dual Boot Snow Leopard/Windows XP Home Edition | change font on chameleon »