Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Chameleon Issue :( - 03-26-2010, 11:57 AM

Hi all.

Tried reading around the forum to get the solution to this problem - im sure im missing the solution, so I thought I will just ask.

Im running a 1011 10v on 10.6.2 and and attempting to perform a dual boot with Win7 ultimate into a second partition. I actually have 2, on the 1st machine, this worked relatively seamlessly...OSX installed up to 10.6.2, Extras run, installed Win7, OS X usb, NBI run, option 1 checked. At this point....I didnt get the bootloader working, it just allowed me to access OS X as oppose to win7. I downloaded NBI 0.8.4pre and run it from my OS X install and Chameleon started working. (At this point im starting to feel rather genius!) Done all the dispart stuff on win7 and all is well.

However....On a second machine....no matter what I seem to do, Chameleon bootloader just doesn't seem to actually install post Win 7 installation(It confirms it has from the install screen, but rebooting just brings me back to OS X with no prompts to select partition beforehand.

Has anyone experienced this? Any tips?

Thanks in advance
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 03-26-2010, 11:30 PM

Did you mistakenly enable "quiet boot" when running NBI on the 2nd machine? You can edit /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist to disable it (or just run NBI again).

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final

« Windows 7 Formatting of SSD card for Dual Boot | I want to give os x another try plz help »