Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Question Chameleon not showing Ubuntu Install - 03-25-2010, 06:12 PM

Hello, I have successfully installed OSX (10.6), Windows 7, and Ubuntu desktop. I was able to boot into each during installations but after setting the windows partition as "active", I am unable to boot to the Ubuntu installation. It simply does not show up in chameleon during booting (while holding shift).

I followed this tutorial to the "T":
Alternative Triple Boot Guide using Chameleon

OSX and Windows boot perfectly.

Any Ideas?

Thanks much, Carl
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 03-26-2010, 12:03 AM

What version of NBI did you use? I am surprised you can even boot OS X. With Windows set active, unless you have modified Chameleon as I have described elsewhere, it should boot straight to Windows, bypassing Chameleon all together. I requested that the modification be incorporated into NBI, but I'm not sure whether it made it into 0.8.4pre yet.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final
  (#3) Old
Default 03-26-2010, 03:16 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I got it working. I reinstalled Ubuntu. Before setting the Windows partition to active via the usb install drive, I ran gptsync on mac to sync the boot types. Then I booted to Windows (my only option) and set the OSX partition to active. Now all 3 are bootable. Thanks

triple boot, ubuntu

« Chameleon default folder | OSX and Win7 - Win7 time always way off »