Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Need help by Dual Booting Dell Mini 10v (SL/7) - 03-20-2010, 10:04 AM

I´m from germany and I´m new here. Two days ago I get my new Dell Mini 10v and a Retail Version of Mac OS X 10.6. Now windows 7 is installed on my Dell Mini and I downgraded the Bios to A04.
My next step was to follow this guide http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-...ng-system.html !
I did everything like in the guide then I took the smaller usb drive in the slot next to the power, after this i took the bigger usb drive in the other slot and startet my mini. after pushing the F12 button, there came a screen where I choosed the usb drive as first boot. At this point I get a problem my Dell Mini said "Invalid system disk, Replace the disk, and then press any key". What can I do now? I don´t have any ideas!

My situation:
- Dell Mini 10v with windows 7
- Mac OSX SL 10.6 Retail
- only a Dell Studio Notebook with W7 as second Computer
- want to make a dual boot with W7 / OSX SL 10.6

regards Gregor
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 03-21-2010, 06:04 PM

Try booting with just the smaller USB drive inserted. If it doesn't boot into Chameleon, then the NBI image was not written to the drive correctly. If it does, then when you have both drives inserted, it is probably trying to boot the larger drive, which is not bootable. You can expand the USB item in the boot priority list in the BIOS and rearrange the order of the drives to make it boot the smaller drive.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final

« SL / XP Upgrade to Win 7 | OSx vs. Win 7 - Boot Times »