Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Dual Boot (OS X / Win 7) Problem ! - 03-04-2010, 02:45 PM

I followed virusdoc to install 1st OS X ,2nd WIN7 and everything worked good. I have Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 10A432 and I used NBI 8.3.

After following all the step I do not get the choice to hit any key / press the enter bar when starting my dell to select which OS i want to start.

It goes straight to MAC OS X. I've performed again the steps (from virusdoc giude) to set up the dual boot option but I still don't have the choice to select whatever OS.

If anybody went through this I would be really glad to get some directions before reformat and restart the whole thing.

Thanks to any suggestion.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-04-2010, 04:30 PM

Hi, it could be that you have enable a quiet boot and are pressing a key too late. I find that you need to press the CTRL key and keep pressing it as soon as the screen goes black after the Dell logo disappears. You should see a spinning line in the top left corner of your screen, you need to be holding down the key by then. Your menu should appear shortly after this. Supposedly holding down the SHIFT, Windows 'super' key and the ALT key work as well but I've been getting mixed luck with those.
  (#3) Old
Default 03-04-2010, 06:13 PM

Thanks Superleggera, your suggestion did work.

I didn't installed Quiet Boot option . In my case I was not pressing the Control key long enough. Thanks for the TIP.

« Install Snow Leopard on a drive with an existing XP | Fresh Dual Boot SL/XP »