Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default I have SL on my 10v, but would like to add image of XP...is this possible? - 01-31-2010, 06:01 AM

I got my Dell Mini 10v a few days ago from the Dell Outlet ($203 plus tax!). It came with a 160 GB hard drive and Windows XP. Runs pretty good as it came, but I wanted to also run Snow Leopard.

I used Acronis True Image 11 and made a backup of my XP drive. I then physically replaced the 160 GB drive with a 250 GB drive I had and successfully installed SL onto it (thanks to these forums and guides!). I used the method of creating a GUID partition table and two partitions.

I would like to somehow restore the XP image to the FAT partition using Acronis, but it's not giving me the partition target to restore to. Has anyone by chance done this?

OR, if I have to do a clean install from a USB drive, is there a way to do this for XP? I've only found it here for Windows7. Thanks!

« Snow Leopard/ Ubuntu 9.10/ Windows XP SP3 Dell OEM | Guide to Dual Booting XPS machines »