Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Dual Boot Windows 7 Won't boot after I re run Netbookinstaller !! Help !!! - 01-04-2010, 08:22 AM

hi everyone , I recently Re-run Netbook installer 0.8.3 RC4 Chameloen V2 RC3 for SL 10.6.2 to add the old mirror kernal file.My Bios is A05... Now I'm able to use mirror on my 32" external monitor. But one problem is now It WONT boot Window 7 . My dell mini 10v was able to dual boot Snow leopard 10.6.2 n Windows 7 before I rerun the netbook installer. Now whenever I try to boot windows 7 at start up It would read

" Windows fail to start hardware/softward change might be the case. To fix problem please insert window cd disc " boot selection failed because a required device is not accessible"

status Error " Oxc00000ce"

Can someone help me with this please ? I brought this laptop from criagslist so I dont have the windows 7 cd or anything ... just the laptop itself . Any help will be greatly appericatied .. Many thanks in advance !!!
  (#2) Old
Default 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM

I'm sorry to say that you must have an Windows 7 image to repair your Windows. You can borrow it from your friends, than create a Windows 7 Installer USB and boot from it, repair Windows 7 and set the active partition to your HFS+ partition
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 01-08-2010, 03:22 AM

Or, just make a bootable USB drive using a legally available Windows 7 image as described http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=428068. Also, you will need to make the Windows 7 partition active before you do the repair. Complete steps for doing the repair can be found here and elsewhere.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final

« 10.5.8 to 10.6.2 | Which do you use more: Win7 or OSX? »