Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Easiest Way to Do a Dual-Boot Jolicloud and Windows 7? - 12-29-2009, 06:45 AM

I installed Jolicloud (if you don't know, is based off UNR) tonight on my Mini 9 (on an 8 GB SSD) and I love it, but kinda miss having Windows 7 on it. I know since I use only a little under 1.5 GB right now for the Jolicloud install, I figured I could try to dual-boot with 7. I know the V-Lited install as described in the guide only shrinks to 5 GB (which is good, but not good enough) but another poster has seemed to find a way to get the install to 3 GB (as described in his reply to the guide) by disabling the Paging file.
I have read a guide posted on Lifehacker on using GRUB to do a Windows/Linux dual-boot, but it is way too complicated, and not knowing too much about Linux doesn't help either. Is there any Windows-based dual-booting solution or any other easier guide to this using Linux? Much appreciated!

Dell Mini 10v, Alpine White, 1.6 GHz Intel Atom, 160GB HDD, 1 GB RAM, Shipping w/ XP then Dual-Booting Windows 7 Ultimate & SL, BT, 6 Cell Battery
Dell Mini 9, Obsidian Black, 1.6 GHz Intel Atom, 8GB SSD, 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate, No BT, 3 Cell Battery

« Successful dual boot install: SL & Win 7 Pro | Windows 7 stops booting after Repairing OSX »