Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default OSX Hibernation works, but mouse and and trackpad dont work... - 11-04-2009, 04:06 AM

Hey Guys,
Very happy with the current setup... Recently noticed the mouse and trackpad dont work after hibernation(forcing a restart).

I havent tested yet but i suspect it is the new HP mouse that is being used.
This never happened before

I'll probably keep it with me tomorrow and test during the day...

If this is a known issue please give me a link...

| White Mini 10V | 320gb HD | OSX 10.5.6 | Win 7 | 6cell |
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 11-05-2009, 01:06 AM

I only use the built-in touchpad with my setup. I used the /boot file that was posted on a 10v hibernate thread to enable hibernation. I've noticed it takes a good 5-10 seconds for my wifi and touchpad to resume working once the mini has restarted and everything seems reloaded. But once I'm done with that wait everything seems fine for me.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral

« Custom disk Icons for guest OSes | SL, XP, dual boot Saga, XP does NOT like an extra shared FAT32 partition »