Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#161) Old
Default silly me - 10-24-2011, 02:32 PM

turns out i stupidly updated to 10.6.8, started from scratch and only went up to 10.6.7. and all is fine

also, if anyone is wondering, i;ve had no issues whatsoever with ubuntu 11.10 so far
  (#162) Old
Default n00b question - 12-11-2011, 08:46 PM

Hi all,

I already have a fully-functioning 10.6.7 install. (I'm not keen to start fresh when OSX is working fine. Afraid things might get screwed up.) Can I use these same steps to add a Windows 7 boot? I'm not interested in adding Ubuntu.

Can I just repartition the disk to MSDOS and install Windows to that partition, or do I need to start over? What about BIOS settings?

Please advise. Hope this is the right thread for this question. Sorry if this has already been answered... I looked through a couple pages and didn't see this issue.

Using Dell Mini10v Nickelodeon Edition, Mac OS 10.6.7 Snow Leopard. External CD drive available as well.
  (#163) Old
Default 09-08-2012, 12:53 PM

Hello Guys,

that is a amazing Tutorial!!! Thank you so much!

But I have 2 problems:

1. I can't see the Ubuntu on the Chamaleon. I installed the Ubuntu Studio 12.04.1. The Step 7 was not a option on the install. How can I bring the Ubuntu to the Chamaleon boot? (Mac OS and Windows 7 are booting very nice)

2. On The Mac OS the Mic Jack is not working and I can't see him on the Inputs Tab. Is there something that I can do? I read something about the VoodooHDA. That is the fix for the Mini 10v?

I will be very thankful if someone could help me!

« HELP...windows boot problem...0xc000000e...need help fixing for dual boot setup | OSX SL/Win8 Dual Boot? »