Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#11) Old
Default 01-12-2010, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by anguish View Post
Okay, so I have my triple boot, it works great, and now for some fine tuning. I have two questions with Chameleon, one which I could Google and find the answer easily enough, the other which I have, and haven't had any luck.

- Is there any way to change the delay on when Chameleon loads the default OS?
- Is there any way to change it so that Chameleon doesn't load an OS unless you specifically select it?

I've tried changing the default booting OS, but haven't had any luck with that at this point.

i installed chameleon and there are no files for it and it does work to boot anything but leopard any ideas?
  (#12) Old
Super Moderator
Default 01-12-2010, 12:46 PM

Paradoxgrowth, IIRC, yes, that's what I did. I haven't run OS X in a while though, so I don't remember for sure, but I know I used the Instant Menu.

blatzja, Yes there are, but I can't remember where. I've been contemplating rebuilding my netbook and putting OS X back on it, so if I do that, I'll post what I find again for the location of the files. It can be done though, as that's how I had mine done for a long time.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#13) Old
Default 01-12-2010, 03:41 PM

thank you anguish. I was able to successfully get the instant menu going.

blatzja, everytime i have issues booting apple i use the boot cd from mechdrew. you should be able to download it on his site. you could try booting from the cd. if you can try reinstalling chameleon from apple part.

10v w/2gs of ram and a multi touchpad (from 1010) running OSX snow leopard, Ubunto remix, and 7 RTM.

« Which do you use more: Win7 or OSX? | SL & Win 7 dual boot confusion »