Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Setting up Dual boot - Win 7 & Mac OS X - 10-01-2009, 07:02 AM

Hey guys my mini 10v is due to arrive later today. I would like to setup dual boot between Windows 7 & OS X.

I've looked through the write up here, but this is for installing using a USB Flash drive. I was planning on installing both using the install discs, would this be easier? I don't have a Mac and have very limited experience with OS X. Is there a writeup I'm missing for someone in my situation? Are there other procedures to follow since I was planning on using the discs to install? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

(#2) Old
Default 10-01-2009, 03:30 PM

i have followed the same guide for my setup and i've used a Win7 install disc, and a OSX flash drive. i'm not completely sure if you can install OSX with just a disc because of the netbookbootmaker/installer patching steps.

that guide works very well overall except i, along with some other users, have run into problems with booting with easyBCD. if you are having problems with it too, try refering to this:

Dell Mini 10v // 160GB HDD // 1GB RAM // Intel Atom N270 // BIOS A05 // Intel GMA 945 //
  (#3) Old
Send a message via ICQ to Down8 Send a message via AIM to Down8 Send a message via MSN to Down8 Send a message via Yahoo to Down8
Default 10-03-2009, 08:39 PM

I followed Anguish's guides on YouTube, and it worked great. Running 10.5.6 & Win7 now.

(Also followed his 2GB RAM guide).

Dell Mini10v + 2GB + 80GB-7200rpm @OSX @Win7Pro
E2180 + D975XBX2 @VistaBiz | E2140 HTPC @XPMCE
Everex XT5000T @ VistaHP | Q9550 + DX38BT + H2O @Win7Pro
T-Mobile G1 | Dell X50-mid | eSATA & USB HDDs | tech junkie I am....
  (#4) Old
Default 10-03-2009, 08:48 PM

NetbookCD - Chameleon Boot CD for Netbooks - Delta Testing

Here you go

Make sure you go to the 2nd or 3rd page and download the Delta disk! That's the one that works.

« 3 partiton problems | OSX & W7 - some questions »