Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#11) Old
Default 09-26-2009, 05:41 PM

Well I've never tried 3 but have a couple of 'hacks' with Linux & OSX on & I prefer to use 'Grub'

What I do is copy the 'chameleon' folder to the 'boot' folder in Linux & then add the following to my 'menu.lst' file
       title       Apple OS X 10.6 S/Leopard
       root        (hd0,0)
       kernel      /boot/chameleon/boot
Never had a problem this way

Dell Mini 10v | N270 | A04 | 2GB RAM | 160GB | Mac OS 10.6.6 | Bluetooth | Usb Legacy OFF
DropBox Referral
  (#12) Old
Super Moderator
Default 09-26-2009, 11:09 PM

At this point, I think it's a combination of things. The biggest thing is that I wanted to continue using a GUID/GPT disk. But, it's also a battle of the bootloaders. I can get OS X and Win 7 or Linux to place nice with each other, it's adding the third in that always causes the problems. If I do Win7 then install Linux, Win7 pukes (and so does Linux). if I do Linux first, Win7 won't install.

I've given up for now. I need Win7 and Linux for the next week or so for work related items. After I get back from my trip, I'll probably go back to trying to get the triple boot to work. I've got one other thought that I want to try, but unless I come up with a hard drive to use (so that I'm not rebuilding this one again), I'm going to wait until after the trip.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides

« Help dual boot | Is dual-boot of 10.5.8 and 10.6.1 possible? »