Dual Booting All discussion on Dual Booting 2 operating systems (or even more!) on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default clone triple boot mini - 09-12-2009, 11:02 AM

Ok so ive finally got my triple boot mini set up on a new 32GB super talent ssd on a dell mini 9. All OS configured, all my apps configured!

So my question is is it possible to clone the entire ssd with say paragon exact image so that I could replace my ssd with a cloned version and be good to go in case of ssd failure, stolen laptop etc.

apologies if this has been answered but all the threads ive found seem to be about restoring a single os from within a newly installed os.
  (#2) Old
Default 09-12-2009, 01:45 PM

Yes, if you burn a recovery CD from paragon and create images of all your partitions and back them up on to a hard drive, when you come back to clone them onto a new hard drive yes it will work, and you could say only put back on 2 out of the partitions back on if you wanted to.

(#3) Old
Default 09-23-2009, 12:41 AM

clonezilla ftw
  (#4) Old
Default 09-23-2009, 12:51 AM

I used 'dd' and booted from a Linux DVD.
  (#5) Old
Default 09-23-2009, 01:30 AM

dd should work, but I'll second the clonezilla recommendation. It's not sexy, but it gets the job done when it comes to a single 'smart' backup of the disparate partition types for Windows, OS X and Linux. Full backup of a dual boot OS X/Windows XP 32gb SSD came out to 6.6GB for me.

« Windows Partition Not Showing Up | Help dual boot »