Dell Zino HD Discussion on the upcoming Dell Inspiron Zino HD

(#1) Old
Default Info and Specs for the Dell Zino HD Leaked!!! - 10-07-2009, 11:18 PM

I was looking up info on the new Dell Zino HD nettop and I came across this article on claiming the the specs for the Zino had been leeked. I've also seen the info on various other sites on the iternet. I thought I'd share what I found.

Dell's Zino HD Nettop Specifications Leaked - Should be out as the Inspiron 300 and Inspiron 400 - Softpedia

Round Rock, Texas-based Dell, one of the world's leading vendors of personal computer systems, is expected to announce a new line of Inspiron models that will reportedly be launched as the new Dell Zino HD family of personal computer systems. Spotted on the internet a while back, one of said machines seems to have adopted a small, compact design that will likely make it a reliable solution for users looking for the basic computing experience inside a small and energy-efficient package.

According to a blog site, suggestively called dellzinohd, Dell plans on releasing its line of Zino HD desktop PCs in two models, the Inspiron 300 and the Inspiron 400, both of which will boast a similar exterior, but with significant changes when it comes to their internal configuration. While the first will adopt the now familiar Intel Atom platform, the second model does good by AMD and offers support for Athlon and Athlon X2 processors.

The specifications of the upcoming desktops are yet to become official, but according to the findings of the aforementioned blog site, the Inspiron 300 should be featured with an Intel Atom processor (although no specific processor model has been detailed, yet), a maximum of 1 GB of memory, a 4-in-1 memory card slot, 3.5-inch SATA hard disk drive and a Super Multi optical drive.

With the Inspiron 400, things are a bit better, as this model can be configured with a choice for an Athlon or an Athlon X2 processor and up to 8GB of DDR2 memory. The unit also makes use of the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 graphics chip, which should deliver a better performance than the Intel integrated graphics on the previous model. Other features include a mini PCIe WLAN b/g or b/g/n connectivity, Super Multi Drive and Blu-Ray drive options. The machine also sports a 4-un-1 card reader, HDMI, VGA outputs, Gigabit Ethernet and two ESATA ports.
Attached Thumbnails
  (#2) Old
Default 10-08-2009, 01:54 PM

Thanks for the link.

The Atom-powered version could be a good desktop for people with modest needs, but it better be cheaper than a Mini 9. The specs are similar to a Mini 9, but the Mini 9 has expensive additional parts, like a LCD screen and wireless.

I also hope it comes with the option of Linux, instead of Windows 7.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 10-08-2009, 03:12 PM

ill take a guess and think that this will be fairley easy to hackintosh since it has very similar specs to the mini 9 and 10v. hehe, a black mac mini =D

Alienware M15x|Black|BT|GT 240m|Intel i5|Windows 7 64-bit|

« - | More Dell Zino Pics - Facias et al »