Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Talking Streak survival story - 10-10-2011, 08:53 PM

I just wanted to share, before I go post questions. I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment building and I was walking outside to have a smoke and was holding my phone. There is about 1/2 inch of space between the slats on the floor.

Well, I turned and my phone slipped out of my hand... of COURSE it falls RIGHT between two of the boards and falls literally 10 feet onto solid concrete.

I'm running down the stairs saying not very nice things a little too loud, expecting my Streak to be in a million pieces.

Guess what? Back cover pop'd off, battery fell out and that's it. Put it back together and it booted back up like nothing happened. Guess that gorilla glass really is tough!
  (#2) Old
Default 10-11-2011, 08:47 PM

I figured that mine was going to break after being dropped 4-1/2 feet onto a tile floor and landing face down. Not even a scratch on the Streak, but I also armored my Streak with an Otterbox Commuter case. Before you drop your Streak again, get an Otterbox. I recommend the Commuter over the Impact and the Defender. Not just because the Commuter is the lightest of the three Otterbox cases but the Otterbox makes the Streak slightly thicker, making it feel more like a phone in the hand than a tablet.

« Norton Mobile Security Blocked Sites | Dell Streak Pictures - Submit yours! »