Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default O2 Rep: Dell streak is ... - 08-08-2011, 09:39 PM

A bag of well you choose that word....

I walked into an o2 store in Leeds,
I asked if they was selling the Streak anymore,
The rep replys "We discontinued them its a bag of" once again you can think of that word.

I know for a fact (as I am a user and many of you too) that the dell streak isn't bad phone, it has its up's and down's like any other gadget

But what is your view on the Streak?
Do you think its come to the end of its life?
Do you think other manufacturers have taken over the Streak idea?

Personally I think Dell should of advertised much more, Actually made it "gorilla glass"
But your views?

(#2) Old
Red face Dell Streak Is.... - 08-09-2011, 02:34 AM

Well, no one has come up with a 5" screen that enables websites to be fully exploited so well, especially if using Opera.

There is no phone with a "visibly" higher resolution.

Though others may boast "Gingerbread" and dual processors, in realty, there is so little difference in performance, as to be imperceivable.

What can other phones do, the Streak can't?

Add the incredible app. "Vlingo" to your Streak, and you (and other) will be amazed it just how quick it can react to spoken questions etc.
"How far away is Mars?" - and almost instantly come back with the right answer. "Where is Darwin?", and in a few seconds it is showing you a map.

Technically the Streak is a tad dated, but it still competes very well.

No sheets of statistics or technical data from India, please. That isn't what the question was about.
  (#3) Old
Default 08-10-2011, 03:29 PM

The current software is definitely showing its age, and it won't be long before we're unable to update third-party apps (which may start requiring Gingerbread or Honeycomb).

The form factor is definitely not end-of-life in my opinion. My hope is that when the codebase for Android is unified in Ice Cream Sandwich, we'll get a surprise final update, extending the life of this otherwise very good device.
  (#4) Old
Red face 02 Dell Streak Is - 08-11-2011, 02:51 AM

You should present that thought to Dell!

Let's hope that future models will have enough built in resources to be updated well into the future, rather than just designing for the here & now.
  (#5) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 08-11-2011, 12:10 PM

The Streak should hopefully be getting some kind of update, hopefulyl we'll find out by the end of the month!

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#6) Old
Default 08-15-2011, 07:15 AM

Steak 5 & 7 are DEAD.... I'm not guessing here. I know the product marketing manager. The retards running Dell ("executives") have no clue what to do with mobility and they don't listen to the people that work for them that do know what the heck they are doing.

No surprise... the biggest (and only) problem with corporate America is the executives. These people are like Lawyers and Politicians. They sh$t on or kill anything good and are useless if left to their own devices.
  (#7) Old
Default 08-17-2011, 03:38 PM

I think the form factor is fantastic. If I had the more popular 4inch phones I would feel the need to buy a tablet. But the 5inch seems to fill the role just right. Its a bit more portable than the 7inch streak. It does need a software upgrade. ICS would be great but I'd settle for honeycomb. I've been pondering my possible options for my next phone and, frankly, I can't see anythign being a good repalcement. Doesn't matter that they are faster and have higher resolution I just can't get used to a smaller screen. I think dell should just release an update like apple did with the original iphone1, iphone2, iphone3, iphone3s etc
  (#8) Old
Default dell opus - 1 - 08-17-2011, 10:42 PM

I have a dell streak - 5 (love it) and since theres no more available, I've visited other sites such as and where they say it's rumored that dell is coming out with a 5 inch screen device called the OPUS - 1. Anyone happen to hear anything on a positive note on this, or is this just more on-line blog rumors.

« problem booting Streak | Opus - 1 »