Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default Streak Home AV Dock - HDMI 720x576 clinched and full-screen-view not possible ? - 06-06-2011, 09:43 PM

Hello folks,
I just bought the home av dock for looking videos in h.264 (720x576) via HDMI-Out on my TV.
It seems that HDMI-Out is only possible via Galery. But when I look at my videos via Gallery they are clinched (ratio is not correct) and not full-screen. It seems to be not possible to to change the ratio. Looking at that videos via Rockplayer it is possible to make the display full-screen and then the ratio ist correct. But it is not possible to display Rockplayer via HDMI.
Will I have any chance to view at my 720x576 videos in correct ratio?
  (#2) Old
Default Is the Streak Home AV dock worth having? - 07-10-2011, 11:52 AM

Hello Everyone,

An ancient "Silver Surfer" addicted to the internet and the use of email, I left it very late to discover the Streak 5. After ordering one only yesterday, I have been looking around to discover what accessories I should also buy.

Expecting to be able (eventually!) to use the Streak to play through my "HD ready" LCD TV photos,videos & perhaps a few TV programmes downloaded from the BBC website, the Home AV dock appeared to be exactly the thing to have.

That was until I read the answer on the Dell Community's Mobile Devices Forum, suggesting that the Streak 5 does not output using HDMI on Streak AV Dock as "there isn't a video button to tap once the Streak 5 is docked".
[I have the link but as this is my first posting I cannot include it here!]

Now, after discovering and registering in this forum this morning, I see the question here, so far unanswered. Clearly, I cannot answer it, and I must apologise for my ignorance.
I am riding on its back in the hope that there is a member willing and able to clarify the situation for both of us, perhaps even point me toward clear instructions that will enable me to use the dock successfully.

« phone storage getting low | How to UNLOCK Dell Streak? »