Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Angry Is DELL selling Refurbished as new? - 05-24-2011, 10:06 PM

I just purchased a "new" Dell Streak 5 from their Sales dept. I assumed I was buying new as there are none in the Dell outlet store.

When I received it, the inside box was open, could not find the micro SD card to insert and the backplate would not seat properly, so could do nothing more since the backplate would not stay put, so could not charge battery, etc.

Also, the Date of Manufacture said Oct 8, 2010--that's pretty old for a "new" streak, so I am guessing I was sent a Refurbished unit when I ordered a brand new one.

Now, their returns dept is non-functional--since last Wednesday and no indication when it will be back up.

So, I am sitting here stuck with an old, defective, non-functional Streak 5 and probably my last purchase from DELL---EVER!

What is the experience of anyone who has purchased an unlocked Streak 5 directly from DELL in last 6 months--did you get one with DOM that was 8 months or older?
  (#2) Old
Default 05-25-2011, 01:30 PM

I'd take it back to the outlet store. My guess is that someone put a returned unit back into the wrong place.
  (#3) Old
Red face Is Dell Selling Refurbished As New - 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM

The back cover is a PAIN to put on when you first get the device, like you, I could not make it stay on.

Fortunately there are YouTube videos on how to do it. I found the 8 year old girl a very good teacher.

Once you have managed it, the next time is easier. But I think it is badly designed. Seach YouTube with "Dell Streak back cover".

The SD card was already in mine when I got it, and the SIM card was already activated by Optus before they gave me the phone.

They didn't have one at the time, and I had to wait a few days for one to be delivered from Dell.

« Is is true that DELL is discontinuing the Streak? | page deleted »