Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default 2.2.2 upgrade - 05-17-2011, 10:06 AM

I just purchased my dell streak directly from dell which came already upgraded to the 2.2.2, however, my wife has had hers for a while and when she saw there was this 2.2.2 available, she downloaded it yet it still shows 2.2 when she ckecks in the about phone area. Why is this saying 2.2 when it fully downloaded the available 2.2.2 according to the dell streak.
  (#2) Old
Default 05-17-2011, 10:17 PM

I got the 2.2 update and then a few days later the 2.2.2 came. Maybe she needs to wait a bit.
  (#3) Old
Default 06-19-2011, 11:34 AM

I have the same problem, stuck on 2.2 for over a month now??? Any suggestions anyone?
  (#4) Old
Red face 2.2.2 upgrade - 06-20-2011, 03:00 AM

I have a feeling that using the File Managers "Explorer" or "Super Manager", I came across the notifications source.

I didn't investigate it, so am unsure whether you can "clear data" or what options there might be .

It doesn't concern me that the "New Software" notification comes up every day.

In any case, everyone should have a good File manager app, - the first is for non rooted phones, but quite often you willnot be able to access a file - unless you pay for their rooted app.

However, the other, which also enables you to terminate apps. running is for rooted phones, but works on non rooted as well. Both have useful features.

Both are useful, and I use them frequently, especially to get rid of thumbnails, which still remain (if you have back-up on) when you delete a video.

If they are not deleted, your next video may adopt one of them as it's thumbnail in the Gallery.
  (#5) Old
Default 06-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
I have the same problem, stuck on 2.2 for over a month now??? Any suggestions anyone?
Download the update manually from here. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll find more than a few ROMs available for download. If you're on an unlocked Streak, download the 351 ROM.

Then go here, read the guide and download the PDF linked there.

Alternately, you can just copy the .pkg file to the root of the SD, rename the .pkg file to update.pkg, and flash the new ROM through the stock recovery on the Streak. That's basically what Dell will have you do.

« Frozen | dell streak calendar »