Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default Voice Dialing over bluetooth - 03-18-2011, 06:33 PM

Can't seem to make my Bluetooth voice dialing function work. My wife and I both bought a new Streak at the same time. She has an old Jabra Bluetooth that did voice dialing just fine with the Streak until the Froyo update. Now it does not work at all for voice dialing. My Blue Ant T1 never worked either with 1.6 or with 2.2. We both have AT&T locked Streaks. Anyone with an AT&T locked Streak will verify when I say that neither Dell or AT&T want to support that community. Dell points at AT&T and AT&T points at Dell when you try to get support. Any ideas out there?
  (#2) Old
Default 03-18-2011, 07:41 PM

This is really sad that such a nice phone cannot do something so simple. I went from my 3.5 year old HTC TILT that had no problem with bluetooth dialing to the 1.6 Streak(also worked untill upgrade). It is really a dissapointment. Just to save you some time I have tried Vilingo, Blue Control and Choice Dialing with no luck. I was even working with the developer of Choice Dialing. Dell, Android or ATT really screwed this up. I have been told that DJ Steves 1.7 Rom does support it. I hate to void my warrenty to try it since Iam on my 7 device. I hope someone will come up with a solution soon as I am ready to give up this device.
  (#3) Old
Default Re voice dialing over bluetooth. - 03-18-2011, 08:35 PM

My ATT Streak also will not voice dial after the 2.2 update.
My Plantronics Voyager Pro and Scala both worked with 1.6
prior to the update.

My bluetooth keyboards auto connect more reliably, but
the bluetooth headsets both are reported as disconnected after attempting
a voice dial.

Very disappointing.

« Anyone try these cables? | Super Streak Coming? »