Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Thumbs up Different Kind Of Case For Streak - 03-11-2011, 03:59 AM

There doesn't seem to have been any new cases of new cases, pardon the pun, for a very long while.

If you like to have a case, merely as protection until you want to use the device, then this case might be the go -

DELL STREAK 5 UMPC TABLET PC CARRYING CASE L@@K #1 EBAY - eBay (item 150566659426 end time Mar-22-11 17:06:49 PDT)

Whilst I am not suggesting ANYONE should buy a pink one, - the picture of the pink one suggests good workmanship.

I ordered a black (carbon) one, anticipating that this case will also have sufficient room to accommodate the earphones coiled up somewhere, and still being close-able whilst they are still connected, with the plug sticking out of the top of the device.

I prefer to use my Cowon, Archos and Streak as they were intended, - not in a case or a "wallet". So, when in the bus, it will come out of it's case.

This case is also not as expensive as others, and the seller ships internationally.

So for $20 US posted to Australia - and as the Aussie dollar is worth more than the US dollar, I have taken the risk of it being what I have been searching for.

It has yet to arrive.
  (#2) Old
Talking A Different Case - 03-21-2011, 02:07 AM

It arrived today from Santee Ca.

The case appears to be a little larger than the Streak, but that is because it is semi hard.

It is a tough fabric (carbon color) with a clear plastic semi rigid shell over it. Somehow they came together as 2 layers as though the fabric is glued on to the plastic outer "shell". But there is no sign of any glue bringing them together.

Inside on the bottom are two stretch elastic retaining straps you slip the device ends under.

The top has a retaining net, in which can hold the earphones, still connected to the device, a cleaning cloth etc.

So, even though the V-Moda earphones have a Y shaped plug that goes into the device and sticks out a bit, the Streak can slip under the retaining straps with earphones still connected and the rest of the wire coiled up and retained in the top net. Along with perhaps the original soft pouch the device came in, or as suggested a cleaning cloth for the screen.

There is a good solid zip, - actually two zips which meet in the middle. These both have nice rubber tags.

The case is well made, and has a lanyard attacment that detaches. Comes detached.

It is for people who want to use their device out of a case, and just to uses the case when the device is not being used, - and this case, probably carried in a larger bag.

I am very happy with it. And it only costs about $14 plus a small amount for postage. Only about $5 to Australia. Obviously less within the US.

So, if you don't want to connect earphones every day, this case will suit you. Particularly if you mainly use the device as a tablet and would be carrying this case within another bag or brief case. But

It takes about 5 seconds to remove the device from the case to use as a phone or tablet, and as long to secure it back in the case.

And by the way, in the photo shown by the link I made, there were some words on the side of the case. There are no words on the actual product, just a symbol.

Last edited by Australian; 03-21-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Words added

bag, case, dell streak case, pouch, sleeve

« How to install unsigned apps with new 2.2 | Hotmail log off problem »